REALLY.....?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by blackw900, Apr 10, 2011.

1. kingsson

kingsson Heavy Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Lots of us have Qualcomm horror stories. Delivered a load in Indy, and was told to go to Chicago to drop the empty and grab a loaded trailer there. We've dropped the empty and are backing under the loaded trailer, and get a message. "What is your ETA Chicago? Have you left Indy yet?" Yeah, the weather was nasty - that icy rain stuff, although not doing much to the roads - but still! And DOT wants to use these things to cross-reference our logs?

As far as this Werner driver is... lived in Omaha for 19 years, so have seen lots of examples of the "professionalism" of "Big Blue"!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    Ya I knew that...haha, I just missed the last part of the post before where he was asking about the lake...if you leave that part out its kind of a random follow up post lol. My bad

4. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    At least this Werner didn't park like that McElroy did at the Priceville, AL Pilot earlier. He stopped in front of the fuel island, got out and let his truck park itself...right into the left front of a silver Volvo parked directly across from it. I did not approach because tempers might have been a little heated and some things are best left to work themselves out, but it looked like the air brake in the McElroy was ...um..... overlooked.

Which brings me to another question: Why do some drivers rely on the Johnny-Bar brake rather than just pull the tractor brake when they get out of the truck while setting tandems? I watched a Schneider do this when I picked up in Jenks, OK...and it's not the first time I've seen it. I use my Johnny-Bar to set the tandems, but when I get out to latch them, I pull the tractor brake. Am I just being paranoid?

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  5. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I think I have a guess about the parking job.

3am, no space in the lot. Truck parked along the curb in front of him, not enough space between rear of truck already parked and the road behind...I've got it! I'll do that 90 degree parallel park I read in the CDL book!

Zim zam.

Still silly, but that might just be what happened.

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Some folks just weren't meant to park either..:biggrin_25523:

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I can't imagine a situation where I would park like that. However, if one did come up I wouldn't be waiting until someone came and knocked. And if I did fall asleep I would be thanking them for waking me up, not closing the curtain and going back to sleep. No excuse for that.

8. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

Good guess.....EXCEPT! It was about 3:30 PM and the lot was nearly empty other than the front row that he was blocking. When I got there an hour earlier the Werner truck wasn't sitting there and when I walked up there...There he was!

So he arrived in the middle of the afternoon and did that in a parking lot where there were PLENTY of available spaces.

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Maybe it was this guys KID "assigned his truck and after 5 days of runs sent on a 10 hour night run " seems Junior was let go for 1 reason or another the next day .

10. BROKENSPROKET

BROKENSPROKET Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Could he have parked elsewhere in the lot and rolled there after he hit the bunk?

11. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    You know, I didn't think of this. But don't you think it would of woke him up? Unless he just didn't give a rats as*.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.