Rebid postponed

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by 06driver, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Got word this afternoon rebid is rescheduled tentatively for August. Not sure if it is regional or fleet wide.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Are you in region 6?

4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Hmm interesting

5. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Yeah on Reg 6.

We were told they wanted to hold the driver focus groups before the strategy team made any recommendations.

6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Maybe listen to what we said in grass roots, instead of taking with a grain of salt? Why do we have 30+ Monday out Xtra, with only 5 assign 5/2.
    No mass slip seating, don't get rid of assigned trucks and just have a pool.

You want/need quality drivers, go back to old pay scale.
    Keep bid runs....

Sorry I'm daydreaming outloud

foggy and 06driver Thank this.
  7. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    I think some of that may happen. Not the set runs or flw.

Our GTM admitted the extras need to be full time. (10 Monday, 13 Tuesday, 13 wednesday) and they should have left the 6-3 on the board for those who wanted it. I think they are scrambling because rates are up so the contract carriers are more expensive, and they really did not expect to lose as many as they did.

Guess we are in a wait and see. Everyone came in today looking for the breakdown and all the signs announcing the schedule were gone. We got word later what was up.

Coover Thanks this.
  8. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Well hopefully they see their mistakes and learn from them. It's not like I expect an apology or anything, just stop the max Exodus and disgruntlement from the good core of drivers we have.

Sadly I think the main reason is $$$ and the money they thought they could save with dedicated isn't there. I've already heard from 2 sources that with lack of quality/service and increased rates dedicated are costing the company an arm and a leg.

Grocery at some locations are ridiculous, hope they see the light!

foggy and slim6596 Thank this.
  9. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    I think today was the first day in three weeks I did not see a "Help we need a trailer fixed at XXXX. If you are close call dispatch."

Of course they have been sending folks who deliver in GRO docks, miss the dock, leave it 3 foot off the dock etc etc etc home. So we are slowly weeding out some of the worst dedicated.

Shoot been a month since I saw a trailer on the ground ;)

Coover Thanks this.
  10. WallyDriver06

WallyDriver06 Light Load Member

May 3, 2018
    Could’ve sworn the other day you guys were all saying things are going great and new drivers love the pay scale.

foggy Thanks this.
  11. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    LOL..that is what I thought...seriously guys, more bad news is coming and this time it will be the shop I am afraid.
    Remember that the new optimizer was supposed to get as much done with less trucks...not so much. Now how to get their performance back up without loosing their bonuses:(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.