Receiver refuse to unload truck.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 6wheeler, Oct 7, 2016.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Load rejection/refusal is my worst Nightmare. Even when I was a company driver for a small outfit carrier, I had to chip in if I was the one to f..it up. That taught me to pay attention to take curves slowly at Park City, UT or be really finicky when pulping temps, and always pulping temps even if the local law prohibits it (e.g. Oregon you do it with ultra-red gun) Especially, when you haul perishable goods that can simply loose their value down to Zero, someone eventually will want their money, this could be a disaster. Some carries simply swallow the bitter pill and pay 20K for damaged watermelons. But what if you freeze a truckload of cherries and it is your fault and Cargo Insurance tell you It's on you. Or they can't say that?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well... ruined cherries... whoo.. diggity doggiety you gots a problem.

Cheapest solution is to pay a landfill 1200 dollars to get rid of it. Ive hauled the stuff, and you think I was carrying nuclear weapons or something. I would have preferred that. That load came out of a bonded and secured warehouse in Nevada and that one went underground at civil war road in Missouri. There was a 3 by 5 mile temp controlled facility under there. You could put a million souls into that area too if you had to.

IF the cherries were ruined. I'll pay the thousand and change to dispose of it.

I rather not hear those words. On you.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  4. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Or you could have said nothing and sold or have away at truck stop or a church or soup kitchen

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015

We didn't load em, we only cared about product sample. If it was good, you could have hauled cadavers previoys and I wouldn't care lol

6. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Same business with food tanks. Oh a wash ticket? Here you go. It was washed last night.... Your loading chocolate in my wagon? Of course. Well the last load was Coco butter so we're straight then.

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  7. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    BRAVO SIR BRAVO

8. Krobertson63

Krobertson63 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2019
    I hauling car batteries from reno to california i was 45 minutes aegead till stupids constructions on freeway, i got there 30 minutes late. Nobody doing nothing been there since 8:30am till right now 450 pm is no sign for them to unloadme, the broker told me who cares my sleep time or if im runing ilegal,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.