Recent felon w/ question..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TubbyTrucker, Sep 20, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I really hope he gets the monkey off of his back. Grand Theft is gonna be a tough one to overcome though.

crb Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamalife123

bamalife123 Light Load Member

May 22, 2016
    ALABAMA
    For sure everyone deserves a second chance. I used to be wild with drugs and doing stupid #### got my ### straight and now things are looking up. People want to hold someone's past against them but those same people have done things they could have gotten felonies too it's just they didn't get caught while some of us do.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    austinmike and ibcalm19 Thank this.
  4. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Actually no I was hoping they would entust him with a $140,000 truck & $300,000 cargo as they trusted me. I don't think is was joke or maybe a dream but it got picked up. Maybe they can trust Wells Fargo.

5. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Probably is 2 years isn't much "clean" time with felony theft charges. Felonies are difficult enough but felony theft makes it that much more difficult. 2 year old felony grand theft conviction isnt my definition of holding somones past against them. That is a major crime in employeers eyes and not very old. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Put your location on your profile so we know the hiring area you live in.
    Your state has the WIOA Program which pays for truck driving school. You will need a pre-hire letter, but that's no problem to get.
    Which companies have you applied to already?

Puppage and austinmike Thank this.
  7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Something you didn't include in your post and is somewhat important..
    Were you convicted of a felony on the grand theft 3rd degree or a misdemeanor? Grand theft is not always considered a felony and can be a misdemeanor offense.

The petit theft, I'm assuming is a misdemeanor charge..

8. TubbyTrucker

TubbyTrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Sorry for the delayed reply...thank you all for the info and encouragement!
    I will update my profile with location and other info.
    I know my felony is rather new..but what a BS situation to change my life completely.
    I have applied to CRST, millis, schneider, western express, and a school here in Miami..
    Ill try Prime, Carolina, FFE, USF Holland, Tyson foods, and any others tmrw...

9. TubbyTrucker

Sep 20, 2016
    I was "convicted" of both...the petit was food, and the Felony, I took a plea instead of risk having the very unjust "justice" system put me in prison..I was rather ignorant to the lie, I may could have done better. It is what it is at this point...Thank you all again for helping out!

10. TubbyTrucker

Sep 20, 2016
    Having a little difficulty updating the profile..Sorry. I live in Miami, FL but I am willing to travel anywhere for this opportunity.

11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Actions have consequences. I wish you the best of luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.