Recent grad student with CDL Class A looking for work

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by bigirishwarrior14, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigirishwarrior14

bigirishwarrior14 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hey, my name is Rob. I finished training and passed my test 2 weeks ago. I have CDL Class A with Tanker and Double/Triple endorsement. I plan to add hazmat later down the road. The problem is my school that I go was suppose to provide companies name that accept student grad. Well, it turn out they barely help me as they promised. They only gave me one company name and haven't done squat. They ignored me completely once I obtain CDL. So I have done a lot of researching and a lot of companies requires 6-12 months experiences. I prefer local work but all of them requires experiences. I'm considering joining Schneider National but don't know if they accept grad student. Anyone can chime in? Any advices or point me in right direction. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottmart

scottmart Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2010
    North Little Rock, AR
    Hey Rob, my name is Eric and I work for Maverick Transportation. We hire students for temp control and glass divisions depending on where you live in NJ. Let me know if you are interested. Email at enoland@maverickusa.com.Thanks

4. jwgriffin

jwgriffin Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Burleson, Texas
    if you do not mind me asking what school did you attend. Schneider does hire recent grads along with Maverick Transportation, TMC, and Macelroy if you go on here and look under the jobs and then go to recent grads you can find some in your area. Is there very much oil field in your area?

5. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    I work for Maverick myself, awesome company. Came in as a new driver graduate this year, and I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't find a company that pays more than Maverick. I've been solo for 5 months and I'm making .38 per mile in TCD, will be at .43 per mile in December.

bigirishwarrior14 Thanks this.
  6. bigirishwarrior14

bigirishwarrior14 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Send u PM name of school. Yeah there few oil field at north of NJ

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Even if a company says "require experience", apply anyway. Check Careerbuilder & Craigslist. Check panther4me website.

bigirishwarrior14 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check drive4marten about if they accept your CDL school. The need drivers in the NJ area,looking at their website.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.