Recent grads or experienced drivers needed

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by fattymcdaddy, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l<enny

l<enny Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Burgaw, NC
    just so you know, some people will get on you for posting on a dead post (e.g. more than a few weeks old). also make sure you post in the correct section, as they'll get on you for that. anyway to answer you're question, maverick, covenant, werner, transam, usa truck, etc. just nose around the forums for a bit and you can find a HUGE amount of info. i'll be graduating in dec. so i've been looking too. and another thing, dont listen to all the bad things you will hear about a company, unless there is a huge amount of bad reports on them (in the dac reports on this site). for example prime, cr england, jb hunt etc. and there are even people who like these companies. just make sure you do your research and find a company that has what you are looking for. and remember, like all of us new drivers, we're rookies, green as a blade of grass, so we can't exactly command top dollar. sorry if i sound like a know it all, just trying to share what i've learned. and lastly, ALMOST ALL RECRUITERS ARE PATHOLOGICAL LIARS, and will hand you a line of crap to get you to hire on.:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck

Check out Windy Hill out of Fl or Hardy brothers out of Nc. See if either one is still hiring students. I know they used to. I like the smaller companies.

4. thebossoutdoors

thebossoutdoors Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I just got my CDL's for the second time. I drove in 89-90 never had an accident or ticket in the rig. I will not go to school for something I know. I'm safe, honest, dependable, and I know what equipment coast. I can stay out 2-3 mos. at a time if I can put a moped or small motorbike on my rig. Baton Rouge, LA.

5. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    No company will hire you without a refresher course at minimum. But if you haven't driven in 20 years, they'll likely make you go through a regular 3 week course before even thinking of hiring you. It's not just about driving. I can't speak for 20 years ago, but when they want to train you now, it's about all the paperwork, Prepass, logs and other items specific to companies. I'm pretty sure you didn't have Prepass, Transflo/TripPak or 11/14 hour rule back in 1990.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.