Recent Graduate needing hometime any help???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewGuyGA, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dude, why don't you jump on craigslist and start apply for anything to keep you in the area, it doesn't have to be perfect experience, but it has to be experience.

AND by the way, if your step dad and so on are working for a company, why don't they see if they can get you in, there is no hard rule about the 6 months, I've hired people with newly minted cdls because they were good right from the start.

By the way, I hate that term "baby mother", it is so childish. Not bashing you but I spent a whole weekend hearing it used by my wife's friend that I wanted to throw up.

Justrucking2 and NewGuyGA Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    trucking is a real dilemma when it comes to work and hometime. im sure there would be plenty of local and regional gigs for you but with 3 speeding tickets...either wait it out or work for a company that would take an advantage of that and most likely you would hate them

4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    ha, ha, ha, truck driver body!!! your only 33, ha, ha, ha, just wait, and the waist will expand, and probably loose all your hair, then you`ll be driving 24/7 with your stomach hanging out the bottom of your t-shirt, and you`ll be wearing flip flops. Ha, Ha, Haaaaaaaaa

5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    You need home time EVERY OTHER weekend for your daughter. That shouldnt be a problem, (You may miss one at first, till you put your foot down) But home for all the NFL home games. Errr fergitaboutit. Your in shape and live in hotlanta? Become a mover, Go talk to Daniels or Atlantic atlas, a.c. white United, a-1 Freeman north american. Tell them you want to learn but run local/regional. Get you4 6 months and get out. Before the moving big bites ya

NewGuyGA Thanks this.
  6. NewGuyGA

NewGuyGA Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Lol.... I try not to say baby mother when talking to mom-friends but it comes out. But yea I found a job hopefully they got my app and called me back and we made a orientation date I just don’t know if they ran all my info but they hire grad students it’s called Boyd Bros. They seem legit so far, and then my job is trying to get me to stay now I would be home weekends and 2-3 days on weekdays but me and my job had a falling out recently but if I did stay with them I would have to wait til October so I should know what I’m going to do very soon. Thanks for your response though it’s greatly appreciated. I’m just eager and ready to start this new chapter

7. NewGuyGA

NewGuyGA Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    No not every NFL game he still in college and only a few home games I think it’s 6 of them it would be nice to catch 3 of them and take my daughter if I have her. But I know what to expect but I have to ask because I’ve been around trucks for 20 years and working warehousing for 10. My step dad is a driver so we talk a bit about jobs I’m just trying to find the best place for me to get my 6 months if I have to go OTR

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Isn't that the company with the pretty Indian girl on the logo?
    [​IMG]

NewGuyGA Thanks this.
  9. NewGuyGA

NewGuyGA Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    I got on with Coca Cola btw... I start on the 10th thank you for your support everyone

Chinatown and Truckermania Thank this.
  10. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    What the hell is a baby mother?

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    The mother of your child (your babies mother)... Usually used when she and you are separated/divorced and not getting along... Also diragatory.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.