Recent info on Western Express?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NeeklODN, Feb 4, 2019.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Not bad. Sounds like Werner when I started. They treated me good and I got lucky with them.

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Those totals on miles represent "team" driving not training. While you are doing your 10 hour break, he is driving. While he drives, you are supposed to be resting.
    How are you training while you are resting and how is he training while he is resting?
    Please enlighten us.
    Thanks

TheRealPorkChopExpress Thanks this.
  4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Ohh hell no, that's worse than crst and their "student teaching student" nonsense and for 34 cpm.... I can flip burgers for more than that and not die with dumb nuts is taking a selfie #truckerslife while doing 65 down the highway

5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    The first week is mostly me in the #2 seat. As the training progresses it begins to become more team like. It works well for me. The trainee gets an actual journeymens approach to driving in week 3. Week two is usually all over the place. The key focus is to have the trainee do most of the driving and as they improve I get to rest more.

I have no issues with us running only 10 hours a day and shutting down. Often if the trainee is having problems sleeping in the moving truck I’ll park so they can be rested.

I will never use a trainee as a mileage mule. The more they learn the better and the harder we can run. That honestly gets them more prepared to be solo.

6. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Where can you flip burgers for that kind of money?

My background in training roadracers is extensive. My teaching, tech inspection, and control driver/racer is also extensive. I do not #### around.

They’ve got no phone privileges on the truck until I say so outside of google maps. They want to take selfies or whatever they’ve got there 10. It’s not my fault other people don’t know how to set limits.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    When I started with them they wanted to start me at $.26 a mile. I was like WTF? But the time I had quit I was up to $.41 a mile. Mind you,also around that time their safety rating was better (around 16%,not above the threshold,but getting close,and they were warning drivers about it). Back then they a sizable fleet of Freightliners,Internationals and Volvos. I started with a Freightliner that had 215K miles on it already and when I quit I had a Volvo. They would always ask me if I wanted to ask me if I wanted to be a trainer but I would always say no,and for good reason. 97A92642-EA8D-493D-A0C0-2CC140663EAE.jpeg 1AAD7B5E-6363-4E38-ACB4-57C9135C150F.jpeg B82D1672-8DAF-45A3-AE8A-3D31C686750C.jpeg 5B2C67E6-C475-42FD-82FC-618BE5FF9386.jpeg DD8A21FF-98AB-45B0-8594-8B5AEE2B66CE.jpeg

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I believe running team as trainer should be outlawed...that's not training whatsoever...these co's are looking at cheap team ops as much as possible and calling it training..

Anonymousproxy and JonJon78 Thank this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You know, here's an odd thought........
    Since WE is largely a second chance company, ever stop to think that many of the opinions about the company come from "second chance" people?
    Jus sayin

10. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Believe what you want. I think you’re categorically wrong. CDL mills churn out people who can pass the DMV test. Training someone by having them do the work they’re going to do solo later is a tried and true method that goes back thousands of years. Yes lots of trainers and trainees fail. There’s also a lot of people on this site who are seasoned experienced drivers who came up this way.
    What trainers and trainees make of it is up to them.

But I’ll play along. Please describe how’d you make a profitable and successful start to training new drivers with a CDL and how that method that you propose would be not only superior to the current model by how you’d get it implemented.

I don’t know you, but right now unless you offer some experienced and enlightened knowledge or methodology you seem a bit angry. I could be wrong.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That is not training..teaming you can't train properly..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.