Recent Sprint Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Bymep, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Bymep

Bymep Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Hey Gang,

I’ve been with Sprint for about two years now and up until about 4 months ago it was a much more stable service than T-Mobil.

Recently however, it is going crazy. Dropping calls, showing LTE yet you can’t load a single page on the web and erratically jumping from 4-5 bars to none. On top, it seems like it is telling me that I am on “Extended” networks much more so than before.

My theory is that with Sprints switch to Voice Over Data (VOLTE) the infasteucture is not properly set up and the towers aren’t communicating properly with the phone.

Sprint started the switch right around January or so they say.

This is on an IPhone XS and started on my 7 before that. It is happening all over the place but obviously the worst is in the. Boonies like WY, Dakotas and Montana, but even upstate NY.

Anyone else noticed a sudden decline in service with Sprint?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I thought they were going to merge with tmobile.. I have no idea about connectivity issues, I have tmobile and Verizon and Verizon is much the best

4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I would say it has to do with their voice and data coverage. They should have a map on their website that shows where they have coverage and to what strength.

I’ve only had T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless, At&t, and Verizon. If you are OTR or regional, you want At&t or Verizon. They both went unlimited in 2017. Their plan costs also ironically lowered. I have their highest unlimited data plan, and I pay $104 per month with a fully paid phone. I have data just about everywhere. It’s the real deal.

If you go for At&t or Verizon, get a phone that was released recently. Newer phones are capable of connecting to even more cellphone towers.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Don't rely on what the phone icon says.

Even V and A will do that.

There's a few places in my home city where V says strong signal yet phone calls will drop. One famous places is the summertime concerts.

A has a 2 mile stretch on my daily route where my phone switches from 5Ge to 4g. And becomes useless.

The 5g is false advertising by A. It's not available.

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I have Verizon on an iPhone 7Plus. Interestingly, their data signals only show two strong signals: 3G and (4G) LTE. There is no 4G on its own. I forget what the low data signals are as I don’t see them often. It’s maybe an E. So far, I am very happy with Verizon. I can’t wait to get my hands on this year’s newest iPhone in Sept. to see the difference in speed.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The E stands for evolution. It's a bs advertising that A is getting sued over.by the other carriers.

Getting a new phone won't work till next year..5g is being tested but not expected to the masses till then. Maybe 5% of the country might have it this year.

Unless things change. Congress is pushing really hard to get it out. ASAP

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.