Reckless Driving Conviction Expungement?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GoatTruckinq, May 26, 2022.

1. GoatTruckinq

GoatTruckinq Bobtail Member

May 26, 2022

Thanks for the knowledge ,

Also most carriers require “No more than 1 (some others) 2 moving violations in the previous years of 3 years”

My Reckless Driving Conviction 01/2020 : 3rd year 07/2023 does that mean I’ll have a better chance at getting hired by them after the third year of conviction?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    A revenue collection officer that lies ?
    Say it ain’t so !

next you will be saying that politicians lie .

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Mine don't, it's every other politician that lies....
    :)

Feedman and tscottme Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

DUI, Reckless driving, Speeding over 15 conviction is going to be tough for any insurance company to overlook. The companies that might hire you may not be worth working for. Those kind of companies know you cannot find other work and will likely want you to do other things that put your license at risk. You might check into Driver Leasing Services or temp agencies for CDL drivers. I don't know how strict they are with driver record.

6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    NJ does exactly this on a regular basis.
    Not every violation is able but a plethoria of moving violations can be pled to 'unsafe driving' with zero points.
    Called the McGreevy option after the govenour you pay your fine and an additional big surcharge and get no points.
    NJ residents can use it twice. I saw it on a lot of CDL driver MVR's

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There is a huge difference in plea bargaining (admitting guilt to a lesser charge) and masking.
    Plea bargains are fine (for whatever your definition of fine is in regards to plea bargaining to begin with) because the conviction is for whatever is plea bargained down to. Once convinced however, it cannot be masked by any method, including being expunged.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    DO NOT assume we know that answer, but i'd go with a solid NO, as you have that CDL.....you are the exception to that ruling..

you'd be better off going in person Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday) and ask them. phone calls may not work, go in person.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    this is what i found, and it would appear that your violation is NOT included for expungement..

Who/What is eligible for expungement?

For individuals who have never been suspended for reasons related to driver safety+, have never been revoked, and have no moving violations on their records:

Driver Record Expungement by Request - Pages.

10. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Bare in mind that reckless, 15 over, most any and all lane violations as well as following too close and several others are deemed serious violations. Any combination of 2 in a 3 year period gets you a 90 day sit out

blairandgretchen and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. GoatTruckinq

GoatTruckinq Bobtail Member

May 26, 2022
    Also most carriers require “No more than 1 (some others) 2 moving violations in the previous years of 3 years”

My Reckless Driving Conviction 01/2020 : 3rd year 07/2023 does that mean I’ll have a better chance getting hired by them after the third year of conviction?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.