Recommend Gordon for first year?

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Hawks12, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hawks12

Hawks12 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Hello,

I'm a few days from CDL testing, so have been looking at companies. Being in Seattle area, Gordon was of interest for my first year since it seems it can provide both OTR and more regional/west coast options.

I was reading some of the threads and noticed that Gordon was just acquired this year.

Just wanted to get some opinions/feedback from those familiar with Gordon if that acquisition might bring some additional issues for someone in their first year? Or might it open some opportunities, chances to get some good miles if I work through it while some other employees might jump to other companies?

If you think it's best I might stay away from Gordon right now, any other good first year OTR/regional companies for me up here in Seattle? I was going to check out Interstate as well.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to getting started!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    GTI has some of the best equipment around, many options, great insurance and they've got a lot of work. A lot of guys have started with GTI at the beginning of their careers and have stayed. Still a good company. I've been around. I know what I'm talking about.

Hawks12 Thanks this.
  4. VolvoVNLTrucker

VolvoVNLTrucker Bobtail Member

May 12, 2013
    TWT out of Spokane. If you live in SeaTac you'll be home every couple of days. Good Equipment and they run I-5. So if home time is important to you, check them out. Plus, they park trucks and trailers at the Interstate yard in Tacoma. (I'm a former company driver for them)

5. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    dont forget gorden is owned by heartland out of iowa now

6. Hawks12

Hawks12 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Yes, jbourque that was kind of the the crux of my question. If people think Gordon would be a good company for my first year given the recent acquisition, if they had any insight to possible changes from the acquisition (positive, negative) etc that might occur this next 1-2 years.

7. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    I think only time will tell. I will stick it out here at GTi and see what happens. This is a good place to work but all of us are waiting to see what might happen next.

Come on over the water is fine...

Hawks12 Thanks this.
  8. Newtrucker bak

Newtrucker bak Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    I'm new here at Gordon only been here almost two months and from what I've seen not a bad place to start. I don't think we will see any major changes soon.

Hawks12 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.