Recouping Cheated Pay.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Slargtarg, Aug 17, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Lord, lord, I have several times, only 3 times in the middle of the day during the heat of the moment.
    Actually twice, once was not a heat of the moment deal, planned from the night before to cost them the maximum amount I possibly could. lol

Western flyer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I lived that dream ... a few times.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

So you intentionally cost a company "the maximum amount I possibly could" and call these people thieves ... dishonesty and lack of moral behaviour goes both ways you know. It sounds like you are not better than those you accuse.

5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    I have on my first "real" job after the Army.. worked in a hospital for over three years... got screwed over by the supervisor... next day.. tossed my keys on the desk.. walked out... I had already been talking to a local trucking outfit.. was there the next day.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You lost that money when you decided to deadhead to the terminal. Chalk it up and go to work somewhere else.

Dennixx and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    If you have all your paperwork ie contract or employee hand book laying out details of pay and paperwork proving your case and right to money fill out a claim with the department of labor. If its anything like Illinois you must do all the work and walk the state employee I mean hold thier hand and explain and read all the paperwork to them you will eventually get your money within 2 months

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Well you know exactly nothing about me, but I have lived by the old saying, don't get mad get even.
    I did intentionally cost him and were talking thousands, not pocket change. I also made some phone calls, one of which got the owner a severe thrashing, as I am not the only one that lives by the rules. lol

FlaSwampRat and Western flyer Thank this.
  9. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Just go to your local courthouse and file a small claims lawsuit for 50 bucks ,file the claim for the amount of miles you drive at your rate the amount of detention .the amount of fuel they deducted .I can't promise you a win but they have to show up and explain ,this cost them money ,most of the time they will offer a settlement instead of appearing ,Or maybe the judge sides with you,I would also file a complaint with dept of labor,most states will let you sue up to 5000 in small claims fyi all you need is the corporate filed address and president ,this is public information I have personally sued 3 business owners, former employer and won 2600,I also sued Verizon they cut the bill in half ,1500 my way,I lost one because of bankruptcy protection 9,000

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.