Recovery?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 4x4_Welder, Jun 5, 2016.

1. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    I saw that the count is up four rings this week, first uptick in a year and a half. Is this the beginning of a recovery?
    I've been keeping an eye towards the northeast, especially PA or maybe the Utica shale region. Anybody up that way have any positive news?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AlexFromMD

AlexFromMD Light Load Member

May 18, 2015
    God I hope so. I hate OTR. I saw Coen in Washington, PA is hiring frac fuelers for $10-12 depending on experience which is crazy because I was doing the same job for Thomas Petroleum a few years ago for $15 before I got my CDL.

rabbiporkchop and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  4. MattMichigan

MattMichigan Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    It is more likely these cash starved companies are simply trying to take advantage of the small run up to $50 bbl.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Things are definitely starting to pick back up in the Permian Basin.

unloader Thanks this.
  6. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    That's good, but I won't go there again.

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Yes it is......here we go again.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There was a article published in ZH some months ago that show the United States stands to be a Creditor Nation once again within 150 years on the natural gas fields that are being developed now. Some fields in particular have more than enough to essentally fire the entire middle east and put them out of work.

9. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Up over $50 a bbl. First time since last July. It's showing promise. So you all have noticed a difference out West? Where at? Pecos? Orla?

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'll bring out my tinfoil hat for a bit. I wish we could tell the middle east where they can stick their oil but just imagine how more messed up things over there would be if no one was buying the only thing they have to offer anyone. But on the other hand, keeping our oil in the ground while they deplete their supply selling to us is a big win in the long run. It puts us in a strategic position in the future. There are so many angles to this it makes my head spin lol.

But yes its great to see the price picking up. Maybe enough to actually get a little overtime (haven't had OT since mid 2014).

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  11. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Mostly between Midland and Garden City from what I've seen, but I hear Mentone area is humping right along. I saw 7 rigs up last night between Midland and Garden City...3 of them right in a row. That's the most I've seen in one area sinc Oct. 2014.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.