Recruiter Says One Thing / TruckersReport Says Another?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by GibbsEricJ, Nov 18, 2011.

1. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    Go to Wally World and in the pharmacy area there should be a blood pressure station. Get several readings over a few days: early morning, after lunch, and in the evening. Another good time to get a blood pressure check is after a very stressful day at work or when you are pissed off.

Remember one good B/P at the doctor's office doesn't mean you do not have hypertension. Usually, my B/P tends to go up at the doctor's office because I'm stressed out about waiting to see the doc and having a bunch of people around me coughing, sneezing, hacking and passing gas. I'm a germophobe and proud of it.

Mudrunner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

This is the critical part. Many readers place WAY too much emphasis on the BMI number they find by using an online tool. Keep in mind it only accounts for two factors: your weight and your height. Nothing more. No body shape, no neck size, no general health, no family history, not even if you're an interior lineman for the Chicago Bears. A health care professional will make any sleep study decision based on many factors, not just BMI, even though that is probably going to be a good starting point. It is not an indicator of health, just a general guide to see if you might be obese.

4. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    Mmmm... Yummy, I think I smell fresh spam.

5. BigDaddyDanny

BigDaddyDanny Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Mo
    I went to prime back in Oct and I had to pay 130.00 for their sleep test and they came back and said I had it but I didn't believe them cause they had some Dr. Out of chicago read it so I went home and took one from a real sleep center and found I don't have it so now I don't believe their testing is right but I found a better place work and learn how to drive at message me if you wanna know the company

6. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Puncuation Apnea... Thats my diagnosis.

7. TheUnfortunate

TheUnfortunate Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    Statesville, NC
    just so everyone knows, Tabitha may have been unaware of the fact that prime does that testing at hte campus being that shes one of the recruiters who do it from home, in VA......

8. imyouroldman

imyouroldman Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Just to add my 2 cents. Just gone done with PSD and went thru orientation Nov. 8th. Make sure you are good to go on vital signs, blood pressure, pulse, basic vision etc. If your taking any kind of prescribed meds, best to have a letter from the doc what they are for and that they won't interfere with driving a CMV. We had a bunch of guys sent home for high BP and pulse. Also to reiterate above, if your BMI is too high they will do the test/supply the machine/payroll deduct as mentioned above as long as the rest of your physical is good to go.

9. imyouroldman

imyouroldman Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2011
    :biggrin_2559: lol

10. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN
    Priceless, dude!

11. nckid

nckid Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2008
    williamsburg,va
    Whats the b/p max? Anyone know?my bmi is good but b/p has always been around 139/90 for the last 10 years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.