Recruiting must be down LMAO

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MGE Dawn, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you already do a hitch in the Army?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    Korea, January-May 2018. Froze my ### off in a tent with 20 other officers on a beach doing Ship to Shore connectors with the Seabees.
    Oh @MGE Dawn , I got my commission after doing a stint as an enlisted sailor. Worst mistake I ever made. It’s not like the tv/movies make it. While the enlisted are doing 12on 12off the officers are doing 36on 12off if your lucky.
    Or you can be a pilot and get mandatory 10 hour break before each work day. Oh and the PowerPoints... sitting through 300 slides about budgetary requirement 10 years in the future with multiple 4 stars and retired stars. Is soooooooooo much fun. You should give up the job with a window to go do that:laughing3:

SeeJayneRun, autopaint and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    10 hour break for pilots must be something new or during peace time.
    Pilots used to work flight ops to flight ops, plus being a division officer full time.
    They used "go pills" to stay awake. They'd take one in the ready room before a mission. Sometimes could find a "go pill" stash in a helo that was left be mistake.
    I don't know how it is now, but Vietnam was super laid back.
    Officers had it bad for long hours. Enlisted grunts did to.
    Truck drivers had their own names for those pills, such as "black beauties."
    Military "go pills" are no longer an open secret and the info is on Bing or Google search engines.
    As you know, 12 on/12 off for enlisted seems ok on the surface, unless your in a rating that has to stand 4 hour watch/guard during the 12 hours off. To many of us that 12 hours off was just a fantasy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  5. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Wow the navy sucks, but to get back on track, all of those things have a monetary value, that makes your 4800 a month not look so good

6. JerzyG

JerzyG Light Load Member

May 23, 2020
    Not only is Swift entertaining to watch on the road, but also it's thread is killer...oh well, the cat fight was good while it lasted:)

7. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    The thing about swift is they have no one to blame for their bad reputation but themselves. They have people with 6 months driving experience that are trainers. When I 1st started driving trainers had years if not decades of experience.... Now it seems like they rubber stamp everybody just the fill a drivers seat

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  8. JerzyG

JerzyG Light Load Member

May 23, 2020
    It seems like all the DMVs rubber stamp anybody that wants a CDL

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    No quite. You have to have a pulse and be able to understand twenty words in English.

Dale thompson, Cat sdp and 650cat425 Thank this.
  10. JerzyG

JerzyG Light Load Member

May 23, 2020
    Then I guess we made progress. They used to let you take the test in different languages, at least in IL. Although I assume it was the same way in other states

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You do make a valid point.
    Trouble is so many drivers don't stay for years to get that kind of experience at Swift, so they have little choice.

But I presume many of the starter companies are much the same in that respect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.