Red light camera

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mahertruck, May 27, 2020.

1. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Sending Tickets and points in the driver records too ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    If you don't have a front tag or they can't see it in the picture put the letter in File 13. They cannot make you pay or charge you since they cannot prove you are driving. Now some states have forward facing cameras that can take the front tag and driver. If they have that you are SOL. Fortunately Tennessee is a state with only a rear tag.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They say it will not go on your record (because all they want is the ###### money, and give the city its cut). Wait for the letter before you do anything.

5. Mahertruck

Mar 9, 2017
    I hope you talking about Hannibal, MO
    Ohhh I just kind of comfortable when you said they just looking for the money $$$
    That's will be half problem for me if they asking only for (money) without adding points on the driver record .

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  6. Mahertruck

Mar 9, 2017
    Was looking if there's website can let me check and see the tickets before I get it by the mail .

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    4mer trucker Thanks this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Red light cameras constantly monitor the intersections where they are installed. The camera triggers when a vehicle crosses the stop bar into the intersection after the light has turned red. The camera records the date, time, the time elapsed under red, the vehicle speed, images before and after the violation occurred, the license plate, and the driver's face. The cameras will not trigger if the intersection was entered on a yellow light.(Without that they can't charge you).

9. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    It is not a real traffic ticket .Those can only be given by LEO's. They are legally more like "bills" that come in the mail and failure to pay them goes against your credit, not your driving record.

10. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Don't worry a dime. Camera aimed so that should catch CAR on the intersection, red light signal and car license plate to have all evidences. With semi crossing they have only trailer roof. Do you have any information on trailer roof?

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Not true. Since they cannot prove who is driving it won't go against your credit. If they can prove you will get a REAL ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.