Red light camera

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mahertruck, May 27, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Doesn't matter. They have to SEE who is driving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    To see who was driving ..
    License plate and the name of the company on the side of the truck.
    So they still need to ask who was driving?
    Or just mail the tickets without driver name showing

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You can't issue a truck or a company a ticket.

5. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    I had a similar in Connecticut once. Old weed burner rig in front must have been running on used motor oil and when he cleared, and his smoke cleared, I was zipping thru on RED. Live action in the form of a uniformed officer (in the school zone) captured me. An excellent solution was reached for $50.00 bond and trial in absentee refunded me $15. His learning I was from Mississippi (plates) and Arkansas (license) and had never been up there before, all played in my favor.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  7. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    in a week, there will be a knock on your. Just give them your credit card info. It will go away.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    If it's a private company they will mail it to you with a pic of whatever they have.

9. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    One of the towns in the San Antonio area put up those camaras years ago and tried to ticket people for it. The State of Texas pretty much told it’s citizens to ignore them if you get one because they are not enforcible because only the vehicle and not the actual person was seen doing the infraction. If a real cop witnesses and stops you for it and gets your id than it is enforceable towards you. They took a bunch of them down after awhile because they were actually causing a ton of rearend collisions from people slaming on brakes at the first sign of yellow scared to get a ticket.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They are pretty much put up by private companies that get the revenue and share some of it with the city. Here in Tennessee they are worthless, because we only have rear tags, so they don't have forward looking cameras, thus no picture of you. They are also rigged. I was coming home one night at 2:30 am on a divided 4 lane. No traffic anywhere. Just as I neared the intersection the light mysteriously changed, even though there was no one at the light. Con artists is all they are. Unless they have your face throw the letter away they send you.

11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    California used to only have rear plates too. Until the commies realized that they could profit off of those traffic cameras.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.