Red light camera

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mahertruck, May 27, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Yes the CITATION can only be issued but that doesn't mean you have to pay it. That means you may or may not receive it. And that is ONLY in California. I know for a fact people who got citations with an unclear view of the driver and a clear view of the license plate in the back.

Like I said, I've been dealing with these cameras since the Bush administration. I'm most likely the only one on this forum who has fought these camera tickets for people and won and helped drive Redflex out of our city.

But by all means, continue to believe you know it all. It's quite entertaining LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Do they have a picture of YOUR face? Was it a front and rear or just a rear camera? If they DON'T have your face you are in the clear.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Please, you throw in all these disclaimers. Total BS. If California has a picture of the front of your car with your face and license plate you are going to get a REAL ticket. If you don't know that then read up genius. Redflex has nothing to do with California. Just because you ran some mickey mouse camera scam out of town doesn't make you some brilliant advocate.

5. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    The camera was facing the truck from the right side .
    I notesed the camera flashing light
    I'm not sure if the camera took my face clear enough but the license plate for sure was easier to be in the photo.
    Usually What else they mail with the traffic red light violations ticket ?
    Only the ticket to pay it or something else I need to fill out
    for example driver info

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They will mail whatever photo they have and give you a "chance" not to have the ticket put on your record (as if they could do that} for the low price of $50. Most people jump at the chance. If they do NOT have a pic of your face throw it in the trash. And this is not a ticket. It's from a private company. Read it carefully and you will see. The prey on people that are afraid for it go on their license. Do you think some company from out of state could afford to send a lawyer here to prosecute you? No way. They are not cops. They have no authority. The only exception I know of is California. If the flash was from behind and not front I seriously doubt they have anything worth using.

7. freight shaker

freight shaker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Here's what I would do....

Call a lawyer based in Hannibal, Missouri.

A lawyer from that area will know how to handle the situation and give you guidance on what to do next.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Not your license, but the registration of the vehicle the alleged offense was committed in, which by extension will affect every other vehicle which has your name on the title.

At least that’s how MD operates.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    What happens if you don't pay a red light camera ticket in Maryland?
    Under Maryland law, failure to pay a photo ticket mailed by the private, for-profit company that operates the camera program is an admission of civil liability and it can result in a hold being placed on the renewal of a Maryland vehicle's registration.

Keyword in there is "Can".

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You can pretty much operationally consider “can” translated to “will”.

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Don't live there so I will take your word for it. They are saying here that Tennessee is getting ready to throw them out. I sure hope so.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.