Reddaway, XPO, MVE

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by dyno365, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    When topped out you can make 80-90k there. Some drivers with more experience aren’t making that wage otr.

Chinatown, Cardfan89 and Grove_LA Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Right, go with Reddaway.
    Yellow has been screaming bankruptcy for decades and always pull through. My uncle worked for Roadway in the 1940's and 1950's, which was absorbed into Yellow, and even back then drivers were complaining about bankruptcy.
    Don't worry, those linehaul outfits are here to stay.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Anyone remember Viking Freight System?
    When they went bankrupt, all the drivers were absorbed into other Line Haul companies and kept right on trucking.
    The Mafia bought Viking and some other small outfits that pulled doubles. They immediately pulled all the cash out of the companies, sold the assets, and went home loaded with millions of dollars.
    Viking Freight Systems Inc. | hobbyDB
    hobbyDB Marketplace...
    Viking Freight was a regional, less than truckload freight carrier serving the Western United States. They were owned by Roadway Corporation. Later due to financial circumstances, Roadway would sell Viking to FedEx. Roadway Services was a transportation holding company located in Akron, Ohio, which owned several trucking companies, including Roadway Express, Roadway Global Air, Viking Freight, Central Freight Lines, Spartan Express …

`
    [​IMG]. upload_2021-3-7_7-0-11.jpeg

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  5. dyno365

dyno365 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2020
    Since the Hayward terminal is union , my hire date with Reddaway would still reflect as my seniority date when Reddaway merges with Yellow correct?

6. City Man

City Man Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2021
    Yes that is correct

dyno365 Thanks this.
  7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    While a driver can keep on trucking with another Linehaul gig. The guy getting screwed over is the guy who dedicated 15,20,30 years with the company only to get screwed. He worked himself paid his dues to get the schedule or run he wants for his family. Some of these guys got a normal schedule and now have to try to work nights and be on call again. Some day shifts take 10-15 years to get. All over being union or non union.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  8. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey @Chinatown I'm getting Jerked around with otr reefer wirh miles pay and breakdowns having to fight for money owned or earned over 1 year safe live near Daytona beach FL you've helped me in the past...any linehaul worth talking to nearby? Abf R&L sai xpo? Believe many are in Jax and I believe Ocala has a yard or terminal belonging to one?

9. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    NOPE they're not not the OTR sacrifices and safety responsibilities aren't being accounted for or like me breakdown now for over 8 days and having to fight for breakdown pay missing empty miles shorted on detention pay erc..I typically stay out 6 weeks or more 4 days off

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Estes Express Lines has 7 facilities in Florida.
    Google 'Estes Express Lines Florida' and that shows their locations and addresses.
    `
    [​IMG]

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.