Reddaway

Discussion in 'YRC' started by reddawaydriver, Sep 15, 2012.

1. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Glad to hear FON went Union,so to answer some of your questions,

1. Union Line Drivers in PDX-SEA start at .43 mile .017 extra for Triples and 17.32 Hr after 2 years goes to 94% and 3rd year full scale.
    2.Union will work to get back the week of vacation as all the Teamster shops here work under same agreement
    3.YRC doesnt bother the Union Barns but non-union well your screwed,they will take what they want and if they combine you non-union goes to the bottom,Union will not allow that to happen.
    4.If you are layed off as a non union employee well then good luck getting called back,nothing says they have to,as a Teamster they have to call you back as business improves.
    5. Union Dues are tax deductible and more than anything the Union will protect you from Mgmt abuse and come contract time get us what is due,as per our contract in 2015 we will be at .60 per mile plus .03 extra for Triples,suppose to get our pension paid but YRC needs to make a a ton of money for that to happen.
    6. Should YRC sell us as they have tried before you as non union have no protection,once again to the bottom of the board of whomever buys us,Union contract stipulates that if we are sold we go immediatly to terms of 2015 contract.
    I have 20 plus years in the Teamsters and will tell you that dues are a cheap insurance policy when in comes to dealing with frieght companies,at the end of the day they cant screw with you whenever they feel like it or because they dont like you,hope the rest of the So-Cal Terminals Vote Union,there is Solidarity in Numbers and Brotherhood.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    One other thought ifthey combine LAX and LOS the LOS drivers will be rquired to Join the Teamster but you will be at the bottom of the Board unless you Join now then believe they will combine the two and your position is determined by senority based on both Boards,my advice is talk to a Business Agent at Local 63 and get the facts as the non-union shops will be screwed if they merge the two which actually makes alot of business sense,good luck guys.

4. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Light Load Member

May 16, 2011
    MIA
    YRC people can not bump onto your Reddaway seniority board.
    YRC has NO claim to your company's work.
    Now if your not working under contract the company can do as they please and you have no voice in any matters.

5. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You nailed it on the head,no contract = no protection,just something to think about fellow drivers,in this atmosphere of takeovers,mergers,downsizing etc those of you with years invested in the company can lose everything,senority,pay,vacation.
    LIVE BETTER WORK UNION

6. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    For those of you at the bottom of the Board just wanted to pass along that the Company is using TWT too move frieght from So-Cal to TAC and SPO usually from FON,they cant or wont come into Union Yards but next time you see one of there trailers look for our Red Seal on the back doors and remember thats your paycheck passing you by.

7. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    you dont have to worry about the YRC guys bumping you... New Penn which we also own, is union as well, we cant go there and bump them, we'd be new employees

8. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Got it loud and clear. Well I hope 517 votes the union in too. I'm all for the union, I was just hearing talk about YRC guys coming in and bumping us. Probably rumors started by management. I also heard we won't be under NMFA. Don't know if that's true either now. I won't have to redo the initiation will I? I was a Teamster at Roadway in 1997, CF in 1999 and YRC in 2007. They only time I had to give up that 1 week salary was at Roadway. CF and Yellow just let me start paying my monthly dues like I never left.

I had no clue TWT was taking our loads! All I run is up and down the I-5. I see a lot of Reddaway trucks going back and forth between southern Cal and Willows, CA. Trucking and most everything was so much better before 2007. Guess we will just wait and see what happens.

9. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You are correct it is not NMFE but a decent contract,there would be no initiation fee for anyone,just dues once the contract is signed,sure hope all the SoCal drivers get on board,dont think LOS realizes that if LAX and LOS combine into one terminal all the LOS drivers are basically new hires,senority will only count for non senority purposes such as pay,vacation and so forth,good luck.

10. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    LOS doesn't realize that. They think if the union gets in they will be screwed. They are the only ones that don't want the union in there that I'm aware of. Hopefully they change their minds. Thanks for all the info BMAC48.

11. reddawaydriver

reddawaydriver Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2012
    northern california
    YEEHAWW!!!! Finally got a bid for the whole year its a good day. Hey cool35 did you get a bid this year hopefully

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.