Reddaway

Discussion in 'YRC' started by reddawaydriver, Sep 15, 2012.

1. reddawaydriver

reddawaydriver Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2012
    northern california
    Up here in norcal we are starting to layoff line drivers. It doesn't look good, I only have 2more guys below me in seniority. I just hope it picks back up soon, and I am also gonna get bumped back to the extra board. So I'm having a great week so far.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Man that sucks! Hope it turns around. Are you in Stockton? Thought about transferring cause I lived in Merced all my life but I have family in Modesto. Cali's Economy keeps me away though and I do like where I'm at. Just sat for 2 days but looks like I got a run tonight. I hope we don't layoff but after winter bids I might be the top of the board so I might luck out. If I get laid off I'll go haul fuel since they are always hiring here. I think this election is what's causing the slow down from what other people are saying. Reading other boards the other LTL's are in slow down too.

4. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    In SoCal I had 2 guys below me but now just one. Gulp! and I'm barely working

5. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Well the guy below me got the axe yesterday and I think I have one foot out the door. I'm barely working. Gonna apply for unemployment, I guess. How's it going up north?

6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    @Cool35 did he get laid off? Sucks to here that hopefully your the cutoff. It's slowin down here too. If it gets bad here I'm gonna try to run part time mail since its peak season. Hiring like crazy. Hopefully it doesnt come to that.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Cutoff as in not getting axed.

8. reddawaydriver

Sep 15, 2012
    northern california
    No better up here. Guys are getting laid of and were losing bids. I guess all good things must end, it really sucks though.

9. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    It sure does suck. I guess axe was a poor word to use. He was laid off. No one is hiring down here. No one that will have me home less than 2 weeks.

10. reddawaydriver

Sep 15, 2012
    northern california
    Well a lot has changed here in two weeks. First my medford bid was cancelled last week. So back on the extra board for a few weeks hopefully. And so here I sit at the los yard at 615 this morning, and guarantee I won't get out of here til eleven tonight. I MISS MY CUSHY BID!!!!!!!

11. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I'm the only one on the extra board right now and haven't run in over a week. What are they waiting for? Lay me off already. I'm hearing I might be out of work tomorrow. You know how rumors are though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.