reefer division covenant

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by rpad139, Feb 28, 2015.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Im still out here driving. Just bought a condo in las vegas to call home when im not driving. Low monthly payments for a mortgage...sweet. And i still have cash left over to help with college or trade school.

Going to pound the pavement for two more years with this western regional company. Then going to use a local trucking company in las vegas to supplement me while going to school.

I cant understand why these companies are trying to lure young people into this industry when they are getting ready to automate their fleets

Im staying one step ahead. Trucking companies are plotting the end of the driver. Im jumping ship before that happens.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Well, your young and you have that option.
    Me, not so much. LOL
    Glad to hear your looking to better yourself and your family (if you have one)
    Anytime I see a young driver starting out in this trade, I think back to when I started.
    Oh, I don't regret my choice.
    But, I think I'll be long retired when the hammer falls and they go to these Autonomous Trucks.
    Good Luck to you Sir!!

rpad139 Thanks this.
  4. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I went from making minimum wage to $60k+ a year. I do not regret my choice, trucking is a great way to move up the ladder. I have no family or kids so my perspective differs from the majority out here.

I have a lot of respect for the owner operators who work harder and smarter than majority of company drivers. but im tired of this notion that you get rich quick by driving a truck. I would like to learn some new skills before i get too old. Im looking into hvac, diesel tech, or start working on some college credits. I need to learn how to deal with my anxiety, and adhd as well.

There are some changes coming across the board in every industry. Millenials are a big generation and we love technology and its not going away

easytopleez33 and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.