Refresher course companies

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by IAM KING, Oct 18, 2015.

1. IAM KING

IAM KING Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    See posts above. Kllm will be contacting me soon. National Carriers only does refresher if you live in TX.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Jim Palmer does as well. They arent considering my local time but are using previous 5 plus year old OTR experience so have to run 20k team miles as the "refresher"

IAM KING Thanks this.
  4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I applied to Jim Palmer and WIl-Trans, which are essentially the same company. Wil-Trans got back to me first and said that they haven't had a refresher program for over a year. He said the same applied to Jim Palmer. I didn't bother following up with Jim Palmer as I already had something lined up by then.

It may be down to the individual recruiter and whether they are interested enough in you.

IAM KING Thanks this.
  5. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Try them again on phone. She said classes every week

6. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Swift as well I believe, Western Express and Swift are so hungry for drivers they will do just about anything to get you to hire on.

7. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Swift called me half hour after i submitted online app specifically stating email contact.

Recruiter said 200 hours driving with trainer. Nothing about a contract or having to work a set time for them.

8. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    I had to do a refresher last year chose kllm still here company driver on a dedicated account

9. JT13

JT13 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Hey buddy
    Looking at kllm refresher..been pre approved, wondering what your thoughts on it are? Really NOT looking forward to training for 6 weeks!! I have a year otr, but been off the road a while. Thanks!

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Freymiller has refresher. They hire drivers that have been off the road for 5 years, but sometimes go back much further.
    Abilene Motor Express hired a guy that hasn't driven in 20 years.

Florida Playboy Thanks this.
  11. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    I know Wil-Trans definitely won't take you if you already have a CDL and no recent/not much experience.
    Prime said they offer refresher training, but they're unbelievably picky for a large (Idk about "mega") carrier with a high turnover in an industry with a proclaimed shortage of employees. But they do have some of the best starting pay, especially if you go into one of their smaller "Lightweight" trucks they use for certain division.
    I don't know what their exact requisites are, but you also might check a local company here in Springfield called RBX. I know when I spoke with them recently, they said they'd do refresher training.
    And lastly, there's a company out of St. Louis I was going to go with called LTI. They offer refresher, have an impressive amount of run types/areas, plus pay as well as Prime does (both have some of the best CPM I've seen for new/non experienced drivers), and have rider/pet policies.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    JT13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.