Refused my first load today

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Chewy352, Aug 30, 2016.

1. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Ohhhh boy, Alcoa... the safety police is unreal loading outta there these days...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    This winter I was at the Massena, ny plant. It was -9 and I had to tarp my load outside using the tarping barn they have when two safety guys show up, I thought I was in trouble. I ask the guy what was going on? He said they test the platforms and phone daily. I told then I wasn't wearing my safety glasses due to my breath fogging them up to the point where I could not see anything. To my surprise he told me I was ok.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    On Page 19 I made a post about a shoddy crate full of ductile iron pipe fittings of various sizes and weights (all heavy).

Finally went back and revisited that s-show today. Decided the easiest way to get all that heavy crap out of the crate it was sitting in was to just break it open and let it all spill out. Want to know what it took to break it open? I cut the one plastic band that was holding the whole mess together. Snap, crack, thud and a pile of iron fittings spill out like I had just cut open a bloated whale.

Then loaded them into a couple of steel crates and one wooden crate that was actually sturdy.

For good measure I silently cursed the forklift operator for also loading a bunch of gravel on the deck. He really liked to dig those forks into the ground when he picked up the crates. :confused: *sweep...sweep*

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.