Refusing to help a officer perform a inspection

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by m16ty, Mar 30, 2019.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    That's true, however, I'd have to think this guy was a P.O.ed O/O. 1st, company trucks don't get inspected nearly as often as O/O's, and notice how he made a point of being detained? He's losing money sitting there, where as being a company driver, I don't ever remember getting an inspection, ( as an O/O, many times)and if I did, I said, be my guest, we have a great maintenance dept. I'm getting paid either way. Company drivers, generally, have a better attitude than this guy.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I went back to his Youtube page and read his comments. He said they let him go.

Oxbow, adayrider and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    They can just tag the vehicle out of service becuase they were unable to complete inspection I’m sure. Either way as an owner operator I have nothing to hide and need to be on my way asap.

SL3406 and Tombstone69 Thank this.
  5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Remember the old saying...driving is a privledge, not a right. By obtaining your license you agree to follow the rules and regulations of the road.

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  6. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    After the treatment I got from the brownshirt that was working the Sanders POE, I added AZ to the list of commie states I won't go to. Even the gal that was working with him told him he was being a dick.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound

Ugh i hear ya man them az and nm dot are just plain pricks all around, idk if its the sunny weather or what but they always seem to have a fire under their cheeks 24/7

Snailexpress, lilillill and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    At least I know after a long day of sitting on their #####, rousting dangerous truck drivers with cameras mounted improperly in the windshields, mud flaps sailing, guys like me on an alley looking to see if I want to go left or right, they probably have discipated their anger and aggression, and they won't slap the kids, the 'ol lady, or their boyfriend around that night.

D.Tibbitt, adayrider and Snailexpress Thank this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Because it is not required for you to assist them in taking money out of your wallet, I do not want to spend the time there arguing with a LEO so I also go with the program. But I fully support those who do. A cop is not your friend he is there looking for an arrest ultimately, Or a least write you a ticket. So I don't understand why in the first place we (as drivers) started going along with it.

These Utube cowboys as you call them, "foolish" are simply exercising the right guaranteed in the Constitution of these United States. If more of us did this it would be a better place for all.
    Americans have fought and died to protect these rights and you call the ones exercising them "fools",
    Your the fool here. Now all you need is a hill to be complete. The rest of us take the easy way out.

The last time I was pulled over the Officer want inside my cab on the side of the road, I told him no, they he said we wanted to see my elog so I handed it to him out the passenger window, so then he wrote me for not having a license in my possession, judge dismissed it, but it was a ticket for not letting him in my cab we both knew it.

again there not fools for exercising there Constitutional Rights. I was pulled over riding my Harley because I had my AR16 on a sling on my back, Again nothing illegal, but someone called it in as suspicious, so I got hammered. He did nothing because it was mt right to have it, loaded clip, nothing in the chamber. Sent me down the road.

adayrider and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I was sleeping in the scale NB 10 between Tucson and Phoenix running with a friend of mine, ADOT came in and set up bangged on our sleepers, I just stayed in my sleeper (not required to get up for them) Charlie got up helped them with a full inspection, his reward first they wrote him a ticket for logging sleeper when assisting them with a inspection, should have switched to on duty line 4, also for a couple of chaffing airlines I fixed with my knife and a piece of rubber out of the trash can.

Cop bangging on your door your in the sleeper don't get up.

Dave_in_AZ and Dale thompson Thank this.
  11. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I’ve only met one DOT cop that didn’t have an arrogant superiority complex about them. I’m always still more than willing to assist them since I’d rather kill them with kindness than drop to their level. The sadness in their eyes when I pass their inspections with no violations makes it all worth it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.