Regen issues international

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by fredrd, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Heavy aeration can cause this.

trulytex Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trulytex

trulytex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Okeechobee, FL
    Please forgive my mechanical ignorance, what does that mean?

What is the Fix?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Air in the fuel, sucking air somewhere on the fuel inlet side of the engine. Things like a cracked pickup tube in the tank, rubbed fuel line, cracked oring in the fuel line fittings, Davco filter housing problem, if you have that, and so on. We have a clear test line we install right at the inlet of the fuel pump and watch for excessive bubbles. If there are lots, then we just by pass sections of the fuel lines one by one or have a test line suck fuel from a pail to see if the bubbles go away.

5. Jonh2018

Jonh2018 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018

6. Jonh2018

Jonh2018 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Check out primrose 5007 power klenz. I sell this to trucking companies and school districts and oil service companies. Everyone of them have not had issues after adding this product.

7. trulytex

trulytex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Okeechobee, FL
    Here is an Update...
    The new Injectors that I purchased online and had installed were CRAP! Cheap Chinese imposters! I had them and my original injectors tested and the originals were still good! The brand new ones were way out of tolerance. I have the printed reports to prove it and the online seller said that he would refund my money! So it looks like my problems were caused from a bad ECM and worn out Fuel Pump.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  8. Dirtydieselman

Dirtydieselman Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Anyone ever had a maxxforce 13 that would rupture the high pressure fuel line every time it goes into regen?

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    This can happen if the little black clip is missing on the line itself. Believe it or not, that little black plastic clip is actually a vibration dampener for the line itself to prevent this sort of thing.

10. Flynasty

Flynasty Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2021
    Did u ever fix your regen problem if you did what was the problem because im having the same issue and they keep changing sensors but it keeps happening I can't drive for no more than an hour and I gotta regen and then it takes for ever.

11. Flynasty

Flynasty Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2021
    Di you ever find out why your truck was having those regen issues because mine is doing the exact same thing and im stumped if you did fix it can you please share with me what the problem/ problems where. Thank u.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.