Regen system

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by trident, Jul 10, 2011.

1. darklyth

darklyth Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2013
    You guys kill me.
    Parts Guy, I assume you work with truckers for a living. You know ###### well that we, usually, can't shop around. This is the single biggest problem with owning a truck; when we need repairs and parts, we tend to need them wherever the truck sits. The regen systems take this to a whole new level, as the #### truck will die on you rolling down the road if the regen doesn't perform properly. Don't say it won't, because I've had it happen 20 miles after starting the truck up and starting my day.
    Telling an O/O to shop around is a huge disservice in itself. You should know better.

2. TULY007

TULY007 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    Nice grave yard resuscitated post,darklyth,although is a 4.5y old it may help some owners that wanna do they're preventative maintenance b4 the shutdown due to plugged dpf occurs....problem is that if we do go in for the dealer to take it off and send the filter out for it to cleaned,what I heard is that no dealer will put it back if comes back as cracked.....didn't cleaned mine yet,it's just 236k miles and my history regen shows @ 0.9 to 1.3 inHG ,((max dpf differential pressure))....
    Wonder what's everybody seeing on their regen history printout, I got into asking the dealers((just used 2))for the printout to see how it goes....u guys better do it too IMO
    What I've read somewhere else is that if the inHG pressure gets up to 3 the filter is pretty clogged .
    If anybody has a real life prof about these please report.....Tnx

Btwy....please do not forget about sensors tuneup/ cleaning as many if not all the sensors that are related with this regen system alround the engine and clean the dozer injector and the def injector,((had mine cleaned at 200k miles)) to prevent erroneous reading and or incomplete regen, that will get u into trouble....
    My2c only....peace

3. TL48

TL48 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2016

4. TL48

TL48 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Hi, I have a 2008 Pete with a C15, I've been through hell with the DPF system over the past four years, 3 ARD heads, 3 sensors, and 3 filter cleanings. Just recently I took the filter out myself for cleaning, trying to save few $$ because 2 out of past 3 I was told "The sensor didn't come off, and it broke" I had to buy a new one ( Not cheap) So I took it to Rush and got it cleaned, put it back on, but still doesn't run well, it feels like it is still clogged, constant regens , and no power. I didn't have any fault coeds before I took the filter off, nor I got any after installing it back on. I called Rush and asked them if I need a reset of some kind, I was told " The C15 engine doesn't need a reset" So here I'm with a mystery without answer. Please can you help. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.