Regency Transportation Or NFI ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ZoeJoe, Nov 15, 2010.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    E-logs governed at 64 mph ? Not surprised . I ran for them back in the '90's . 75 mph trucks with almost all drivers running 4,000 miles plus a week . I knew an audit would get them sooner or later .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 59BROCKWAY

59BROCKWAY Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northeast
    Hi Rick , I'm not sure about the audit part of it and perhaps my paragraph is a bit misleading it should say the new day cab 579's are governed to 64 that's what a few of their slip seats told me. I know some of the older trucks ran faster as you said, even some of their older 379's would, but the new regional Cascadia's will do 65 out of the box with a double tap of the accelerator it will go 68 and of course this sounds ok maybe for some bit in the real world where they run and with the loads they carry unless your carrying plastic bottles your bogged down. But for anyone reading this too don't take that the wrong way. I observe posted limits , but like to have the option to have passing power and 68 does not really cut it in the real world as you all know when your deal

4. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Anaheim CA
    NFI is old and trusted one. But Regency Transportation is not a bad idea too. May be it pays special attention to the client. Sometimes you may find the employees of well settled may not give you proper attention.

Also they may consider big clients over moderate ones.

Well this is just a general prospect and I am not talking anything about the NFI

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Is that 26 tons gross ? Still pulling plastic bottle to Coca Cola in Natick , MA ? Are they still loading at the bottle plant in Winchester , VA ?

6. 59BROCKWAY

59BROCKWAY Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northeast
    Sorry I tried to reply but my laptop crashed , daycabs carry 26 ton water loads and bottles to Newark typically weigh the same . OTR is a little less due to weight restrictions . I typed out a long paragraph about their Eloctronic logs , I'll be brief this time , basically its set up where if your braking hard , mismatched shifts , going around corners too fast it will send a notice alert to safety and owner . I believe they will ask you once what happened thereafter you will or can be fired. It can tell if your speeding , braking hard , mismatched shifts , lugging , and some others too. I never had a problem but heard of one instance where a driver had the alarm go off 8 times within one day . Needless to say he is no longer with the company . The miles are there but the problem is they are so overworked that your always late sometimes by a whole day , and usually you will need to wait even if you were just dispatched a few hours earlier . The company has been around for quite some time but needs some improvement dealing with its drivers, and scheduling their loads because in the end they are getting their load there but at your expense as the receiver will make you wait because your late and its out of your control, also if you make a mistake on logging they will take your bonus supposedly . But I have never seen that happen . Best thing is with anyplace is get to know them on a personal level , dispatching is a hard job , but they should know our jobs are just as hard , I have been told by one particular dispatcher that I could not handle dispatching , I retorted and perhaps you would not be able to drive a truck in the worst driving arena in the USA I invite any dispatcher who thinks its easy to do our job to come and ride along so I can watch them fall asleep and whine when they don't eat on time if at all and keep driving to make it on time to the destination when your in traffic and the real world. If you have any other questions I'll be more than happy to answer them as best I can.

bignheavy Thanks this.
  7. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma
    I'm going to fill out an application at Regency tomorrow.

8. Youngblood1014

Youngblood1014 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Charlotte,NC
    Does anybody have and good or bad info about Regency? I may be starting with them soon and would like to know a little more about them. Thank you

9. Youngblood1014

Youngblood1014 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Charlotte,NC
    Does anyone know if regency runs mostly at night or during the day? I'm trying to get some info on this company. If anyone has anything about regency transport, I would appreciate it very much. Thanx!!

10. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i ran with them back around 2003, b4 elogs u could run all u want, mostly drop hook, there running lanes were like a triangle from franklin ma to newark nj to syracuse,but a lot of franklin to newark and back, through ct traffic. they did bj's acct back then and those loads went out at night towards syracuse, good equip, maintenance, have there own fuel in franklin and newark. i left cuz i burnt out, but that was b4 elogs, i see they start at 47 cpm now tho,

11. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i would say that the elogs would dictate wether u end up running during day or night, was a lot of franklin ma to newark nj,drop n hook and back to franklin or pick up around baltimore and back to franklin, or Bj's load from franklin goin west towards syracuse buffalo, i still see them alot on ny thruway,mass pike

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.