Regency Transportation Or NFI ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ZoeJoe, Nov 15, 2010.

1. sjermike

sjermike Bobtail Member

May 11, 2011
    What is a 587 ????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 59BROCKWAY

59BROCKWAY Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northeast
    It's a Peterbilt sleeper.

4. Macdaddy19734

Macdaddy19734 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2014
    hey im starting next week with regency transportation are they a descent company and I was wondering if they would be able to get me home on weekends I live in Delaware.

5. grunntly

grunntly Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Merrimack,NH
    A great big watch out for Regency,I've been here over a year and a half and its turning out to be the worst carrier I've ever worked for. I was regional for over a year and you dont make much money you only get paid mileage I'm local there now and make more money and miles. Equipment is real bad with expired registration,federal inspections if you won't drive something they'll just get another idiot to pull it no matter how bad. You have to fight for every penny you make,there's huge favoritism here. I could write a book on the crap that goes on here so I just sent my app to NFI,I really would like to stay local and that's making it difficult Im getting healthier and losing weight being home everyday.
    I personally am getting sick of trucking because all the carriers I've driven for pull some crap.
    Oh regency management are habitual liers and if you ever ask for something in writing I always got my head bit off or ignored. One example I was told I'd be home ontime and then it would be another day or two. I am now starting to wonder if they are having serious problems because last night i didn't even get 100 loaded miles and I was told that's all the work they had which to me is strange but I know the law says they have to give us 60 day notice before closing.
    I mean all this sincerely and hope it helps.

6. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Just a heads up, I ran for NFI for three months, and saw the same stuff there as you describe at Regency. I was out of a different terminal so your results may be different, favoritism, bad equipment, run illegal, no work some days, etc. etc.. Good luck.

7. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma

Ask an ex New Century driver, or an ex Arrow driver how that "law" worked for them.

8. Macdaddy19734

Jun 18, 2014
    Wow now I'm getting cold feet,how many miles were you getting regional?

9. Macdaddy19734

Jun 18, 2014
    Approximately how many mile regional are you getting I am planning
    to start next week

10. grunntly

grunntly Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Merrimack,NH
    usually 2000-2200 , except for this last low week i frequently get more miles as a local driver

11. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm going to give Regency a shot. Couldn't be as bad as peddling freight in Brooklyn with no air conditioning and the money would be similar running 2000-2200 miles a week. No reason why I need to be home every night and kind of miss going out on the road. (They offered local work as well.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.