Regional part time, flex schedule Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TexasPhoenix, Jun 9, 2017.

1. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Before anyone questions why I would want this I am supplementing my Social Security and I need a bit more hometime than carriers normally allow. Also been unable to break into any local jobs. So my question is any one on this new flex schedule based out of Wisconsin? Flex schedule is you decided how many days you want to be out in a month's time. No less than 4 days per month. No locked in schedule and it can vary from month to month. Radius is 500 around Chicago

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    delete

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  4. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    This is a recognized fleet on Schneider's website job board not a temp service. I don't want info on temp jobs outside of what Schneider is offering. Thanks any how.

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Call them and find out.

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi Tex, quite frankly, I wouldn't trust these companies, any farther than I could throw the truck. These companies are STRUGGLING to find drivers, and hire firms to come up with fancy schemes to get you in, then you're screwed, they can send you anywhere, and promise the moon. Also, be careful supplementing your SS. I've heard of all kinds of nightmares with that, and if you are on some kind of govt. health ins. ( Obamacare) that gets affected too. Here's my advice, sell the fancy car, buy a fishing boat, and enjoy your retirement, I am, and don't get suckered in by this flex time baloney. Where are you in the Badger? I live near Phillips.

7. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I know the devil I'm dealing with. Been with Schneider before. What they are offering fits my needs plain and simple. Yes, carriers are doing everything they can to attract drivers but also they may be getting smart and realize there are us older experienced drivers that don't want the grind anymore but still like to drive. Situations and needs change as you age. I have called (how can anyone forget that number?) and am waiting for recruiter that has the info to call.

8. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin

9. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Widowed, used all my retirement saving trying to survive the last 15 years which included 2.5 years total time off the road not working caring for sick elderly parents. No retirement for me but I can't be gone for weeks and only to earn 3 days home time. Need more flexibility. Down by Marshfield. Before you say try Roehl been with that devil too and we don't play nice together anymore.

201 Thanks this.
  10. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    I work with a few flex guys with Schneider at Walmart dedicated account in Gordonsville va that seem to like it pretty good but they do a lot of slip seating which I guess is normal.

11. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You don't get an assigned truck but the flexible work time is worth it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.