Regional part time, flex schedule Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TexasPhoenix, Jun 9, 2017.

1. clarkboys6

clarkboys6 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    Any update on the part-time SNI opportunity?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. clarkboys6

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    Central Virginia...Lynchburg

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sign up with a temp agency that hires cdl drivers. This way you work when you want to.
    Another positive with the temp agency is you can be assigned with several companies over the months or years and it's not looked at as job hopping because you work directly for the temp agency and the temp agency pays you. On a resume, you just show one employer; the temp agency.

clarkboys6 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you're looking for something so you can be home a lot, check this offer that hires new cdl graduates.
    U.S. Express
    Truck Driver Job - Walmart Dedicated - Local Home Daily - $10,000 Sign On Bonus - Pays $5,000 in First 6 Months- Lynchburg, VA
    $1,400 a week - Full-time, Temporary
    Apply On Company Site < click here to apply

7. clarkboys6

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    Great suggestion, I appreciate it. SNI has offered PT options in Central VA and out of the Charlotte yard. The Charlotte yard is a 3-hr commute, but the other options show "PT-Regional" from yards about 1-hr from my location. The only temp agency that I see that is advertising in my area is Centerline. I am just getting my CDL so as of right now I don't meet their hiring qualification of 1-yr OTR. Definitely appreciate the suggestion as something to keep in mind moving forward.
    The reason I'm interested in PT is that I am self-employed and have a very seasonal business that I have run for the past 14-yrs and I am looking for something that is very flexible (not a strict 7-7 or 14-7 schedule that some like Roehl are offering). Thanks again for your excellent advice!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Contact Centerline anyway; many companies bend their own hiring rules these days.

slick mick and clarkboys6 Thank this.
  9. clarkboys6

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    Good point. I will definitely do that. All they can say is "No".

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I work part time for Schneider and have no complaints. Hired on for the position a year ago and worked essentially a full time schedule with an assigned truck for 6 months or so and now just work the minimum 7 days in a 30 day period. I can work this minimum or as much as I like. I just finished a 3000 mile week in a 2018 cascadia with 40,000 miles on it. I'm at 44€\ mi with an added 4€ performance bonus so 48€/mi. The company has been straightforward, easy to work with and I believe has a sincere commitment to safety. I've never been asked to do anything questionable regarding legality or safety. I like to drive days, 4am to 4pm and simply tell them that's when I'm available. They make it happen. It works for me.

11. clarkboys6

Aug 16, 2014
    Central VA
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience. This is exactly what I am looking for and I too have an interest in doing this part-time. I have two small businesses that I run. One is a food concessions business that is very seasonal, and my other business is working as a contract trainer for a communications company. Is this your first foray into trucking? Thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.