Regional??? Yeah right!

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by skyviper73, Dec 27, 2013.

1. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Just an observation. Don't expect to run in the "region" you are hired to run in. After 4 months at Interstate, I have had to fight to stay even close to the area I was hired to run in. I was hired to run Kansas City Regional. I live in Denver, the farthest west that the KC Regional fleet is supposed to run. (Check out the Interstate website, says KC Regional should run CO, KS, OK, TX, MO, AR, and TN.) I'm in Phoenix now with a load tomorrow to Salt Lake. Why? Because the only loads available out of Denver yesterday were going west. My FM does her best to fight the planners for a load that I want, but I constantly get told that what I'm being offered is all that is available. I don't have to take it, but if I want to make a pay check, I need to run it. I have run National with other companies for several years, but went to Interstate because the pay was good and they hired me for KC Regional. I have run all the way to Cranberry, NJ to the east, and Boise, ID to the west, and all points in between. Not exactly what I signed up for. Also, as for getting home weekly for a 34 hr reset, good luck with that. I think in the 4 months I have been here, I have made it home only once two weekend in a row. All the other times, I end up getting home every 12 days or so. I've been so pissed about it that I do push my home time to the max and even take an extra day once and a while to compensate for their lack of planning. I still get 2600-2900 miles a week even when I do go home. I don't know if I'm the only Interstate driver with this issue, or if it's a KC fleet problem. If they didn't have the business to support a KC Regional fleet, they shouldn't have hired drivers for it. I do like Interstate as a company. They treat me well, I'm just a little frustrated with the planning and loads. Also, I need to get to KC before the new year to get whatever is sitting on my FM's desk for my truck. Hmmm, I'm delivering in Salt Lake City on Monday morning. That gives me Monday and Tuesday driving if they get a load for me going to KC to get there. They have known I need to get through KC to get that stuff since the beginning of December. Great planning guys!:biggrin_25516:

scottied67 and rt44 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Sounds like "bait and switch"...sorry for your luck skyviper73...looks like you will be changing jobs soon huh?

4. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I like the company and my FM, I just wish I could do the job I was hired to do. I hate changing jobs, but, like pretty much all drivers, my eyes are always open for something that really is better. It's just scary, because what seems better, could be a whole lot worse than what you left it for. :biggrin_2551:

5. Privy

Privy Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Sierras ,CA
    I have to admit IDC treats you pretty decent but I signed up for 11 western reefer.. the 4 mths I've been there I see mostly I-5 between Portland and Los Angeles..up and down..down and up..up up..down..down..back and forth mostly starts to drive me crazy after awhile.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  6. sexysenior

sexysenior Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2013
    anniston, AL
    My last company put a bunch of us on SEregional, we didn't get a choice, but we were supposed to get 40¢ mph on short hauls. Ha they would deadhead me 600 miles at 15¢ mph. I cried BS and went back to 48, guess who was doing the short hauls in the SE? It's a ###### racket boys.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  7. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Have a good idea. You live in Denver and want to run to KC. 24/7 Express Logistics within the last 2 years opened up a new terminal in Denver. There other terminals are in St.Louis Mo and Tulsa Ok.You have more than enough experience to work there.What they have is a dedicated line haul (dry van) usually a daycab from Denver terminal to Kc terminal . You possibly would go Denver to St louis or Tulsa and take load back to Denver. I would go down and check them out.I think pay is hourly 16 or 17 hour and hotel. You would be home probably 2 or 3 days week. Thats an easy gig compared to what youve been doing? Just a thought.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  8. rt44

rt44 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    WELL CRAP!.....I wondered about this thanks for sharing.
    I'am in the process of being hired for that KC regional but I live in OKC Oklahoma area!

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  9. rt44

rt44 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Rite from Interstate website!

Solo Reefer:
    • 12 months reefer driving experience as high as 0.37/mile
    • Travels 11 Western, but runs 90% on the I-5 corridor
    • Home Time: 10-14 days (1 day off per week out)
    • Average miles per week: 2300-2500
    • Drivers are credited up to 3 years of verifiable OTR experience

10. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    sounds like thats exactly what he signed up for

11. rt44

rt44 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    YEP!!!!
    At least they didn't lie to him. LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.