Remembering Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by JJJamestruckguy134, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Jim Palmer Trucking has a contract to haul Prime freight and use their trailers.

JC1971 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Hi Majestyk...Just curious...How long did it take you to run your 120k miles ? Were your dry van or flatbed, and where did you run ? Lastly, did you get any raises ? The recruiter told me that the driver meets with their manager quarterly to discuss raises...I was curious if anyone actually ever got raises...thanks, BT

4. YouDrinkYouDriveYouSpill

YouDrinkYouDriveYouSpill Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2019
    What time
    Sorry about that....I hit the wrong button on my phone.....
    As I was saying, I love to drive, don't need to be at home for anything really-not since my young wife passed away. That ####**g cancer man. It's a B**ch. No kids. So life on the road, behind the wheel, well that seems to be calling like it's the place for me.
    So I'm thinking of signing up for Roehl's CDL program. I just wanted to see if any of you would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions. I imagine you guys always sleep on the truck? Saves money on hotels and what not. But say you haul a load from santa Fe to Tallahassee and you live in Dallas. More

5. YouDrinkYouDriveYouSpill

YouDrinkYouDriveYouSpill Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Say there are hauls from tallaTallah to Dallas but you're due home. Would you leave your truck in tallaTallah until there is haul departing near there and fly back for your 3 at home and then fly back? Or you take your trucks home? I can guess it depends most of the time but if any one could give me an idea about how this works.
    I'm sure I'll get some crap about hitting the buttons on and breaking up my posts. Sorry about that. And I look orforward to seeing you all out on the road. I've gotta get me a cool handle like Blue Thunder...well no that's actually reminds me of that yuck neck juice thatll make ya blow motor oil 25ft and rip a hole in your pants and your drywall lol. But Majestik or ChinaTown or Snowie! Man you giyg are like the real deal trucking mcCoys man. And that's awesome. Sorry for the green all over my neck I'm just going to do what old man used to say. Keep my mouth shut my ears open and learn from those more practiced than me...that is until I earn opportunity to help someone be better than I ever was.
    Do most truckers look out on the road or is it a you came here alone youre going to leave here alone type of vibe .Thanks
    Keep on Keeping on!
    Oh hitchhikers? Yes? No? And lot lizards? Myth? Fact? Fun? Or Run?

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    To much micromanaging , lousy company. Low pay.

EzekelRAGE Thanks this.
  7. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    They just offered me 54cpm to start, that is higher than most companies.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Doesn’t matter what they offer you. If your enjoying your job there then that is all good for you and enjoy your Roehl way. I thought it was funny as hell , like a trucking version of the office tv show.

9. elvisman13

elvisman13 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2022
    This is not my experience with Roehl at all. I'm not saying it's all perfect, but I've been treated well and payed well. They always get me home on time. I've busted 3 or 4 mudflaps over the padt 3 years and never heard anything from safety. Ot sounds like you just had a hard time keeping your wheels on the pavement.The only thing I agree with is that the people in safety department think WAY too highly of themselves.

LilRedRidingHood Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The OP has only made one post and that was April 18, 2018

88 Alpha and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.