REPAIR HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Neverquittrucking228, Oct 14, 2022.

1. MTMAUS

MTMAUS Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2019
    I have 2 snapped bolts on my exhaust manifold, it's a DD15, it makes a small whistle sound but nothing major.

Just a bit of black soot builds up that I wash off.

Any harm in just running it like this?

i was thinking I will get it fixed when turbo or EGR etc needs to come off at sometime in the future.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Ha Ha I love that you think it does not work. I did Torque and Test out in the Oilfield. If you did not bring your Nuts Off with some of those nuts you would be working on that all day long. We always used Hydraulic Wrenchs and torque to the correct spec. Some other company would just torque them till they could not stop. Believe me especially in the winter time that Nuts Off works better than anything I have ever used to break those nuts.

4. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Are you saying that if you have a rusty nut on a rusty bolt and you spray some nuts off on it then go right to work on that it's going to break loose easier just like that?!? No way. Good for lubrication on threads sure but not magically breaking the bond of years or dirt, rain and rust

AModelCat Thanks this.
  5. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I am saying if you spray it and let it sit for 1-5 minutes while you work around the other nuts it will break loose. Done it pretty much every day in the oilfield. Sometimes takes a few trys on the worst ones.

Jubal Early Times Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I get that but I'm not seeing how some JB Weld over a crack in the exhaust manifold could get sucked into the engine.

Edit: just seen the pictures. When I heard crack I assumed it was cracked all the way through, not just partially through the thickness of the material and only visible on the inside. Yeah don't put any epoxy on the inside, that'll destroy that turbo instantly if it came off.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Siinman and Neverquittrucking228 Thank this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I can’t see any cracks in anything myself. I’ve had leaky manifolds, whether at a busted stud on a Cat or at the joints on my Detroit. If boost is still good, and fuel economy and power is still good. who cares?

8. Neverquittrucking228

Neverquittrucking228 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2021
    I believe the brokers & the company I’m leased too is stealing it besides the high fuel cost

Chieftains Thanks this.
  9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    and doing the same thing but expecting different results is….?

just keep driving it, might heal itself

AModelCat Thanks this.
  10. Neverquittrucking228

Feb 23, 2021
    Hello guys truck just started losing tremendous power last night coming through Gurdon,AR I had to pull over at the truck stop. It was too dark so I wasn’t able to see anything. I need a shop in the area if anyone knows anyone please help! I’m under a load heading to Houston,Tx definitely not gonna make it like this!

11. Neverquittrucking228

Feb 23, 2021
    Also I’m wondering if my fuel filter is plugged up would it cause it to run this way if so

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.