Replace brake lines?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Dino soar, Sep 20, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I understand and 100% right, but the op was talking brake lines. I mainly didn't want him having wire braided hoses made going to the rear brakes.
    I started replacing my fuel lines with nylon several years ago, when I swap out fuel lines, much better and easier to work with.
    I am not sure why truck manufacturers waited so long, reefers have had them for years, so has diesel pickups.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    If it's a brake hose. It better say "DOT". Any other will leave question and stick out like a sore thumb.

4. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017

Paccar has been using some cheap green crap in this area that has been less than impressive for durability and always fails right after the teflon right above the trans.

I have seen a few with the full steel braid hoses and they sure are pretty. Probably not a cheap option I'd guess, cuz nobody springs for it.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Seems like intial hose off of compressor is just to short and heat gets them. At least the green is -12.

Goodysnap Thanks this.
  6. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    Cept nobody stocks the GD fittings to make the hoses. Lol

spsauerland Thanks this.
  7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Nicer thing is it is -12 SAE, not JIC so harder to find. We keep hose and reusable fittings in stock @ the shop because sometimes have to move air dryer when upfitting a new truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.