Replacement flooring for a century

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rustyshakelford, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Your Welcome Sir..

rustyshakelford Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Extreme bulk leftover i have

Attached Files:

rustyshakelford Thanks this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    When I redone the floor in my FLD I put down one layer of Dynamat and then 3 layers of the thin foam insulation than you’d put under a wood floor. Then I installed the carpet. I had a piece of black automotive carpet cut for it.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I used thin layers of rubber mat, on my Freightliner, in lower spots, then layered more over it, finally one piece of the thin blue foam underlayment to get floor level, eliminated the hump caused by wire chase from abs under bunk to fuse box. Put the original rubber mat back in, with new carpet. The carpets long gone. Problem I’ve noticed is condensation between the layers. Maybe glue would have helped?Any peel and stick should work also. Need to insulate the cold aluminum floor from finished floor. Original fit carpet is fairly cheap. The OEM style insulation is designed to get wet and dry, it’s treated with anti microbials. It works good, under carpet, as long as it’s allowed to dry out. Any leaks and it gets musty. Mine had sat and windshield was leaky. Carpet and insulation was Musty!! Now it’s just gets wet between the layers, not musty though. I’m going to do a vinyl wood floor this time. Duct insulation in low spots, and layered, it’s peel and stick. Poor Mans Dynamat. Hopefully it won’t get any condensation this time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.