Replacing ABS Modual??

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by murat, Jun 16, 2017.

1. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    The ABS does have rotations per mile perimeter for tire size that must be set correctly if the truck uses it, 2 actually, drive and steer. You can also program the ABS to not transmit "high resolution wheel speed" over the data link. This may also require the cab controller to be set to ignore it as well.

I have also run into the VSS picking up stray voltages, our Pete's would spike the speedo when you go from high to low range on the trans while parked as well as stop a regen. I wrapped the VSS wires with aluminum tape and it solved our regen problems. I never seen a VSS fault from it, I assume that the 1 MPH difference was not enough to set a fault, or it did not happen long enough. In may case 35 MPH was enough to set faults and confuse the system.

Strange77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Petes powered with Paccar engines do not have speed sensors on the back of the transmission, they rely on the ABS for wheel speed. Cummins powered Petes still have the transmission mounted speed sensor.

murat and GrapeApe Thank this.
  4. Strange77

Strange77 Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    That's interesting thanks for the info. I'll have to play around a little more with ABS, I do very little with it other than pull FC, replace WSS, I never see many ABS issues unless battling J1939 problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.