Replacing radiator on freightliner cabover

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Isxrookie, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    If you have Freightliner you can get dtna connect. That shows you everything about your specific truck in schematics.

Now the difference between them and Peterbilt is Peterbilt has no such thing and when you call them up for parts they just laugh at you.

So if you're looking for that kind of thing Freightliner would be the better kind of truck for that. I don't know who else offers that type of service if anyone for the other trucks but that is completely free from Freightliner.

2Tap and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    That's awesome that Freightliner is doing that! Knowledge is power and these companies purposefully attempting to make their equipment impossible to repair is BS. I understand perfectly the flipside, poor maintenance and repair can lead to diminished performance, quality and brand reputation but there has to be a balance.

Just look at the poor farmers here who purchase million dollar tractors only to have a software service lock from John Deere cut into their families 3,4 or 5 generation legacy and way of life. Sure the service locks are pretty troll shutting down Russian thieves stealing Ukrainian John Deere tractors but the average farmer, not so much. Learn About the Right to Repair — The Repair Association

Sorry to quasi-hijack the thread, good luck on the radiator replacement, sounds like a dandy of a job solo.

4. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Peterbilt has fleet ECAT, can look up your own parts just have to ask. I have found much easier to get information from Paccar on pre 2000 trucks vs DTNA. DTNA pretty much tells you to pound salt if working on a Sterling. I like DTNA connect, just not near the support on older especially when using EZ wiring. It can be found, but very time consuming.

2Tap Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.