repower abuse

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by IluvCATS, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    If they did and didn't get paid at least a gentleman's wage for it, that would be wrong too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    That is an excellent point. Yes. During a repower. A real repower with miles driven. But if your point is that this happens sometimes, point taken.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Good, when I was a company driver I had to go over people's head from time to time in order for things to get made right. Open communication with someone who can actually do something about it is critical. Good luck.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Story time.

My company decided to cut the company trucks back from 68mph to 64. They also cut the trucks from 455hp to 350 hp. The truck was anemic. At 119k, she started blowing coolant out the stacks.

Well, I had to take the truck to a dealer. I wanted to go home, but they wanted me to wait on the truck. How much is breakdown pay?

“$50/night plus motel.”

Sorry, I can’t live on that.

“Well, that’s our rate.”

I understand. But you need to understand that I can’t live on that. I’m heading to the house.

Well, they finally agreed to $125/night plus motel for me to stay there. The truck had 119k on it. And it was at a Freightliner dealer. Freightliner sux primarily because of their dealerships. But this is a warrantee job where Freightliner is going to argue with the bean counters at my carriers as to why that engine blew. They put a bean counter tune in the eco and the motor quit. Anyways, I knew this was going to take a long time. I was in that motel for 3.5 weeks.

Anyways, you worked for free. There’s NOTHING in your contract that says that you have to work for free. You should have gotten a day rate out of them, and I don’t think that’s being greedy.

rank, Ruthless, Eldiablo and 6 others Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Dude, if TMC even pulled that #### with me, I wouldve told em to piss off right then and there

Alaska76, Eldiablo, IluvCATS and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think IluvCATS just needs to be more of a team player.

8. IluvCATS

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    So TMC doesn’t do this? Interesting.

9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Never happened with me, they do repower loads, but they usually only repower a load off its during the days leading up to a major holiday and it's going to get guys home. Sometimes it'll be a repower because the original driver ran out of hours and couldn't make it.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Do you have your year in yet? Just buy a truck and come to Landstar.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  11. IluvCATS

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I have 18 months experience . I’ve only driven for this one company because it’s easier to stay put and I’ve become good at what I do here, flatbed. I like things to be predictable and steady. I did once apply at SPD and I was surprised to find out they actually wanted me. But their pay and benefits were exactly the same as what I now have. So I decided not to take a risk for what seemed like a lateral move.

ladr, gentleroger and austinmike Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.