Reserved parking spot

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavrom, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Listen guys. If you want to argue about who can post where. Take it somewhere else. If the forum owners cared. They'd have set it up that way. Enough.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    They do. Read it yourself. BTW, I've seen countless (and worthless) trollike posts from you on many threads here. Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

"Welcome to the Ask an Owner Operator forum. This is where you can get advice from Truck Owners and also Lease Operators that own their trucks, but are leased onto a company."

Ask an Owner Operator Forum Policies and Miscellaneous links

4. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I have the same kingpin lock. Mine is actually a set with a padlock and the kingpin lock set to the same key. Unsure how pickable it is but it isn't a standard kind of key, so should be more difficult to pick than a normal type lock and key. But since I'm not a lock picker, I have no real idea. And, through a qwerk of events, I actually have 2 off these sets and an additional padlock of the same style. So, I'm prepared.
    All that said, my company is pretty picky about dropping a trailer and leaving it unattended, especially if it had a load on it. Most situations it is considered a big no no. Only time, outside a terminal or shipper facility, that I've dropped a trailer is when I had to take my truck, sans trailer, to the repair shop of a truck stop and the trailer was right there at the same truck stop.

5. SMK Shoe

SMK Shoe Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I may drop a trailer for a couple hours during the day to do some running around. But not over night. I have a 40' Gooseneck and would be to easy for someone to back under it and drive away. There are a lot more secure drop yards near big cities popping up. couple dollars a day and they give you a access code to get in and out. Video camera's watching the entire yard, and most of them have pretty decent parking area. Using them a lot more for my resets. Easier than finding a decent hotel with truck parking.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.