Reset/Hometime With Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by 75th Rangers, Mar 14, 2010.

1. 75th Rangers

75th Rangers Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Tri-Cities, East Tennessee
    With Maverick; during your hometime/reset can you request to be routed "load/freight available" to different locations other than your home base?

Thanks, God Bless.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
  4. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    According to my trainer you can. Just have to work it out with your fleet manager.

5. 75th Rangers

Mar 12, 2010
    Ridgerunner thanks for the reply/honesty.

JimTheHut/your trainer thanks for the reply/answer.

God Bless.

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    No problem. You are doing your research and that was good.
    When I was at my cdl school, most had no clue about any of the companies or anything about life on the road.
    You will be prepared!

God Bless!

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yes. I live in KY and have requested IN, and AR a few times. The more notice you give them the better.

8. 75th Rangers

Mar 12, 2010
    Thanks; I have been following your post from the inception being you are just starting your driving carreer with Maverick and they are one of two companies (not decided yet and who knows what tommorow will bring) that I plan/hope to drive for (Lords Will) in the future; at least a year away; as stated before I want to be as prepared as possible.

As time goes by I will continue gain insight from you and Ridgerunner (hope you all dont mind/dont want to bug ya to much) as I have gained respect from you all by the way you have conducted yourselves toward me and these threads.

God Bless.

9. 75th Rangers

Mar 12, 2010
    Notarps; as always thanks; please continue to pass on your insight/knowledge so as to help in my preperation for this future endeavor.

By Gods Grace and Will this come to fruition; and if not God knows better for me than I do; and for that I give thanks; I dont always walk it, talk it or show it but I do believe it.

God Bless.

notarps4me Thanks this.
  10. bigsexy

bigsexy Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Graham, Kentucky
    Good info I am turning 24 on the 17th and am about to head off to CDL Training here in madisonville, ky. I am going to apply at Maverick and TMC and hopefully can get on at one of them. I've drove 1ton dually s and 20 foot dump trailers in my debris company for almost 2 years now so I have a fair bit of experience and hauling heavy as hell. Is there any advice anyone has regarding which might be better TMC or Maverick? Any good people that you know of there I could talk to to try to get in the door? I really need this career and life change. I've been struggling the last 8 months with my company and finally parked everything and decided I have to get a job elsewhere and sold off my assets. I got 2yr old twin girls and my 5yr old son to support and weve all suffered because I'm not a quitter and hated to give up owning my own business and go back to a 9-5 but trucking seems like it would be the thing to be in and I am confident I could pass a road test right now as I help my dad by driving his grain semi truck or one of em at harvest time. Anyways anyways has anything to say or tell me which might be better for me holler at me!

11. red S-10

red S-10 Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    from what ive read and heard other truckers that maverick would be your best way to go. they seem to have the most and upmost respect for drivers and treat you right but you better have a clean mvr and criminal background and solid work history to be a maverick. hope you find what your looking for out here be safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.