Reset

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by zigstar, Oct 20, 2019.

1. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    It’s hard to find 4 on and 3 off going OTR. I just wanted to see what people think having 34 reset home,after 7 days out. That would be my home time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If it actually works out that way, it would be better than what a lot of guys get.

zigstar Thanks this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I do 34 hour reset every weekend at home or at truck stop. I don't think it's enough time. It's only 1 day off. If you sleep 8 hours when you get home the 8 on Sunday night. That 16 hours, so you get 18 hours to do anything you want. WoW let the fun begin. It's ok at the truck stop but at home I would like more time off.

homeskillet, Truckermania and zigstar Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Make that 5 or 6 days. I'll find a way to burn that time off. Take 48 on recap off if I need to.

Then rent a car and run around enjoying the local offerings and food.

zigstar Thanks this.
  6. just_sayin

just_sayin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Bristol baby
    I guess it depends on your situation. If you're a young person that lives in an apartment, it's probably okay. But if you have to go home, mow the yard, shovel snow or fix a leaking dishwasher. Those are just examples you know where I'm coming from, it doesn't leave much time for personal activities. I did that for about two years and that was enough for me. Now I go out for 4 days and take about a week off LOL. I guess what I'm saying is it just depends how much crap you have to do when you go home. And you know that better than I do LOL.

zigstar Thanks this.
  7. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Enough time for what? ;-)

8. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Just home time. 7 on, and 34hrs home.

9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Wait til you have to take one an hour or so from home.
    You'll decide that it's WAAAYYY more than enough.

10. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    The resets wouldn't be so bad in a truck stop if people were not mad about doing it before you even went off duty. They aren't that bad, and I certainly don't see them as demeaning. Well, any more demeaning than the rest of the junk we put up with anyway. Plan your resets away from home before hand. There are lots of interesting things to see out here. Sometimes only a short walk or Uber ride away. Get out of the truck and get some exercise. In warmer months I carry a bike on the truck. Google maps can show you lots of decent bike trails. Lots to do.

Truckermania, zigstar and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  11. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Not happening, and iif it did for some unforseen reason, somebody would be coming to get me. lol

I never carried a bike, but have never had a problem taking 34 off on the road, always at a place of my choice, where I could do laundry and there was a real restaurant to eat at.

MrEd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.