Reset

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by zigstar, Oct 20, 2019.

1. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I keep the same sleep schedule so I have to take more than 34 hours off otherwise it messes up my sleep schedule.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I feel different on this depending on wether I'm OTR or local. If I'm OTR, I'm out there to grind as much money as possible between home times. So I feel 34 hours is honestly too much, especially when you have to take a reset in the middle of nowhere.

However if we're talking local, I won't take a job unless I get two full consecutive days off. But when I'm local I also have a life outside of work, so I need those full 48 hours. And then I can work an extra day if I spent too much at the titty bar over the weekend.

4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Actually you want it ideally to be 6 days so you can return to work the same day you started last week. For example, you start on Monday and finish your work day on Saturday preferably before 22:00, although your time zone is something else to look into. I know this probably won’t work for most OTR drivers. In which case you need to run some numbers to determine the best day to start a 34, looking at how many hours you’ll be gaining the following days.

zigstar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.