Resigned at Covenant today

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Rocky64, Mar 4, 2011.

1. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Or look in that glossy "2006" covenant driver policy book they hand out with 100 other things at orientation. It explains the policies on how to request the authorization numbers you'll need for the cover sheet.

I must have had an exceptional trainer, because most people I come across have no idea how to do any of the above either. And it may have been coincidental, but I did perceive a marked improvement in dispatching after getting my first layover pay approved...

At covenant, you are first "conditionally hired" and have to attend orientation for 3-4 days. There you fill out some ~30 legal documents & only after all the paperwork goes through and is approved do you get "activated." As far as the company is concerned, your activation date is your "hire date" (that goes for scheduled pay increases as well)...

They may be on shaky ground, because my orientation was paid (retroactively). Still I don't see it being an easy victory, let alone worth the time it would take to fight in court...

hardworkinman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.