Respect my Authoritay!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by God prefers Diesels, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    As of yet I have never seen a CHR load that interested me and in my area tql has a lot of loads. Some of them look like at the right time they go for a lot of money.

But with tql I just anticipate the headache and the shenanigans and I never call them.

I really want to stay away from them with all of their nonsense.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Ok I see that, cool good job!

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Me too. I called them on one today. It was a last resort, trust me. First time I've called them in months though. They call me every other day or so. I don't answer.

Anyway, within 30 minutes of taking the load I was back off of it. Everything about it was mislisted. Location, commodity, etc. No thanks.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  5. Dino soar

Dec 8, 2017
    I would rather take a load that pays less and I get my rate con get in my truck go do it come home and get paid.

Who needs that headache?

6. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Spent today pulling right rear motor mount, and alternator. Pretty fun with a 1/2" impact. Thank God for cheater pipes. I'll have it all back together tomorrow, adjust clutch, and be ready to go back to work. Getting new flex pipe and bands too. When I was pulling the down pipe, a little twist, and I was able to rip the flex pipe in half. Pretty soon, I'll have a brand new 2007 model truck at this rate.

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Welcome to trucking, my friend!

It will settle down eventually.

I would urge you to stay away from road service at all costs and buy used tires for your trailer for now though. I've actually never put a new tire on my trailer. 3 years and I've bought used ones at $100-150 per which generally last me a year or so. I find tire shops on the road on the Trucker Path app. Tractor gets shiny new sexy tires though.

joseph1853, Vampire, kimbosa and 2 others Thank this.
  8. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Got it all back together. Cleaned battery cables, posts, and grounds too. Loud screech is gone, and I'm holding a solid 14.2 volts now. But there's still a chirp coming from the front of the engine. Gets oh so slightly louder when I turn on the A/C. So I pulled the clutch and pulley off, and the bearing inside feels flawless. Tomorrow I'm going to put a little grease in it, and do the same to the tensioner pulleys. If that doesn't solve it, I don't know WTF else it could be. Pretty sure the engine fan is locked engaged full time, so I don't think it's that. Belts are new, and all pulley grooves are cleaned spotless. This new noise didn't start until I fired up the truck yesterday. Couple days earlier, I drove to Houston, then Austin, then back to San Antonio, and truck was fine. Started it the next morning, started chirping, and then went into a full on screech. Pulled the belts, and spun everything. Could hear the alternator squeaking some. Every other pulley was flawless. I don't know. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

9. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Getting to know every sight, sound, smell, and feel of your livelihood. Got to it’s a survival tactic.

86scotty and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  10. Dino soar

Dec 8, 2017
    Your fan should not be engaged 100% of the time.

If your AC increases the chirping then check whatever that pulley is there whatever other belts are hooked onto the same place.
    Chirping means slipping.

You said you took your right rear motor mount off. I don't know if that was because you're doing something else you had to take it off or if it was for replacement, but you always replace them in pairs and if you replace the back two you should replace the front one also.

Then you can check the radiator mounts.

MACK E-6 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  11. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Yeah, I haven't made it that far yet, lol.

I only did the right rear, because the driver's side looks new. Front's look good too. Passenger side was completely wiped. Like they replaced the others, looked at the passenger and said: "That's too hard to get to, I'm calling it a day."

At this point, if it is a slipping belt, it can only be the tensioner. If greasing these bearings doesn't fix it, I'll get new tensioners for both belts.

Thanks.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.