Respect my Authoritay!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by God prefers Diesels, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Happy5930

Happy5930 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Hello, good luck to you. And I have a question for you, how can you get the load
    Hello, good luck to you and I envy you. And also, I have question for you, how and where can you get the loads?? Thanks and please be safe all the time!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Happy5930

Happy5930 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Hello, good luck to you and I envy you. And also I have question for you, where and how can you get the loads??? Thanks, please be safe all the time!!!!

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Dispatching service. It was a word of mouth kind of thing from a buddy of mine. They find and book the loads, pay every Monday, and take 15% off the top. I believe I'm going to start using DAT load boards, but I'm in over my head on that. I haven't looked into it more than calling DAT, and asking them if Pro had everything TruckersEdge has. I don't even know where to begin with talking to brokers directly, or what paperwork they need in order to pay me, or what to do if they don't pay, or any of that stuff.

It makes me cringe asking this, but for those of you that run load boards, what's the general flow from start to finish? You contact the broker, and submit insurance? And then what?

Rideandrepair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Hi there. You're asking the wrong guy. I have a dispatch service that finds them. You can also get on a load board. Other people here will be better at explaining this than me.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    IMO 15% to dispatch using your numbers. You can find a better deal with another honest dispatcher. Do I do you space to get back workYou can find a better deal with another honest dispatcher. You will work the bugs out of this system here. Talking with the brokers is real easy. Hello I’m calling about the load you have on the board here. Wait for the response. They will tell you everything about the load including what is going to be paying. At this point in time you’re gonna be trying to determine if you want to take the load or if there’s any questions that you have about the pieces or anything that might be pertinent to the situation.You will need someway to send them your credentials, insurance, authority, and W9. A lot of independents can do all this stuff on their phone, tablet, or laptop. The broker will send you a rate confirmation. You could find someone to do paperwork for you and pay them $30 while you get the technology and learn how it works. Keep track of brokers and shippers numbers on handy notebook. Get a headset to talk while driving, the law will hassle you if not ticket.

7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    im going to enjoy a good read, ill be keep up with you good luck.

8. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    @Lite bug could you explain this part again?

So I have to make the decision right then and there? If so, how do you know how many miles the drive will be, or be able to figure what time you'll arrive, and all that stuff? Or is that something you just gradually get good at? Right now, I'm just Google mapping the trips to determine exact miles and time, and then making adjustments based on fuel stops, possible traffic, etc. Usually takes me a couple minutes.

For the W9, would I download something like this: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf and fill it out, save as a PDF, and it would be the same form sent to any broker I deal with? When you say "credentials", what are you meaning? For insurance, would I send a declarations page? And for authority, are you talking about the form FMCSA mails you about a week after you go active?

I read in another thread that the driver would get the rate con, and write his detention fees on it, and send it back to them. Did I misunderstand what he meant?

You're talking about phone numbers, right? If you are, is this for networking purposes to call them and see if they have any work?

This is one thing I did do. I got the Voyager Legend. Thanks for your help.

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You're kinda flying by the seat of your pants right now and appear to be in for a steep learning curve, enjoy the ride :)

I'm sure some nice fellas will be along soon to help you out!

10. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    That ain't no lie! The gist is, I was in the oil patch for a little over a decade. I understand HOS, HazMat law, load securement, and I can drive a truck. Stuff like that. But I'm no trucker.

Yet.

As long as I can haul enough freight to keep us from starving to death in the short term, I'll get it figured out I hope.

11. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.