Retired Veterans Beware US Xpress

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JDC70458, Mar 7, 2019.

1. JDC70458

JDC70458 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Went to CDL Training on 911 GI Bill. Was approached by different trucking companies and turned down because I wanted a local account part time. US Xpress Recruiter promised me everything I asked for including weekends off and unpaid leave my first year whenever I wanted to travel. After training was completed I went to Wal-Mart dedicated account in Robert, LA. Equipment is old and disgustingly filthy. Dispatchers are rude and bossy. Facility is filthy and management is horrible up and down the chain. No weekends off. 24/7 operation and they want you to drive 6 days a week, 14 hours a day. I was told that I quit (voluntary termination) for wanting too much non-paid leave for preplanned family vacations. When I talked to corporate about it, a female named Stephanie said the recruiters tell you that to get you in the door. Well, it's a door okay. I revolving door of drivers they treat badly to get them to quit. Horrible experience. Stay away.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    Just to help, let me clarify a couple things that's a given.
    (1) recruiters lie. Sometimes they can't help it they're not trained very good haven't been with the company very long and aren't smart enough to ask somebody if they don't know. They'll tell you pretty much whatever it takes.

(2) dispatchers will push you to you drop they don't care about you getting a ticket. Once you realize the whole world revolves around them and start treating them like the self-entitled princesses they are, your life may be easier.
    you got to learn to stand up to dispatchers to a certain extent. if they're asking you to do something that's going to violate your HOS or is a unsafe situation. just tell them NO you can't do that. take a minute to explain to them why you can't do that the way they want it done. If you end up getting fired because of that it's probably for the best.

I have only been on this site for a little while but it seems like every day there's at least one thread about a recruiter lied or my dispatcher is a jack-butt.
    Good luck, and thank you for your service to our country!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    FastForward203, Nathanos and bzinger Thank this.
  4. GoBlueTeam

GoBlueTeam Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2019
    recruiters lie........never that just a vicious rumor start by those safety conscious truck driver what to life and see the next day ........and the princesses never understand cause they never had to hold the wheel and work the the gears.. they type and #####

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Unfortunately, your story is not unlike many others on this forum.

"My company promised me a unicorn that farted rainbows. All I got was a donkey with diarrhea."

6. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    images.jpg
    @88 Alpha .

7. JDC70458

JDC70458 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Would have been nice to know. I am preparing Congressional Correspondence to the Veteran's Affairs Committee with a copy to Xpress CEO. Probably won't do anything but someone will have to answer the correspondence.

Grouch, Lonesome, speedyk and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Truckeragianslowwage

Truckeragianslowwage Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Yup spoke to a recruiter...no respect for drivers as soon i picked up the phone...all the drivers i spoke too even sayed these guys are a joke...only reason there working there is just for next month so they can leave to a better job....like Walmart...69 cpm...yes you hurd it.

9. GoBlueTeam

GoBlueTeam Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2019
    And with Walmart you can also get discounts as an employee

Truckeragianslowwage Thanks this.
  10. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    thank you for your service
    if your starting out in mega trucking you gotta put the "pre planned" family vacations on hold and keep your assigned unit cleaned
    once you got some experience you can make some demands and get a good job with a pension and benefits when you retire

11. JDC70458

JDC70458 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    No thanks. I'm retired again. Screw Corporate Murica.

snowlauncher and Matt43324 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.