Returning truck at terminal

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by driver1234556890, Nov 11, 2020.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The only way you give notice is if your company has one terminal. If they have terminals all over the country, like the megas which you obviously work for, you have slick double cross them. You tell them you need to come back home terminal for repair, and leave the truck there, or something crazy like that.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Good for you to have another job lined up.
    I wouldn't jeopardize that.

I would take empty truck and trailer to terminal close to home.

You could say you think you were exposed to China virus and want to get tested by your doctor. Or say nothing. Just return the truck.

I have no experience with your situation.

Good luck.

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Deadhead the truck to the terminal that is close to your home. Clean out the truck. Take pictures of the truck at the terminal. Give the keys to the terminal manager. Video the event. Leave and don't look back.

truckguy391 and Oddu Rome Thank this.
  5. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I agree. How is it "stolen" simply because the driver chose to quit but still has the keys, that the company handed to the driver and wont go to whatever terminal wherever they want it at?

6. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    What I did in a situation similar to yours, is I just went home. The company finally sent a tow truck driver to get the truck. They kept insisting that I take the truck to their Oklahoma City terminal. I personally wanted to return the truck to the terminal where I received it from (which was all the way in Indiana, I live in Texas), to make sure I could not get "truck abandonment". Ultimately the truck was towed from near my home to a yard and sat there for two weeks before the company sent someone else to get it. I wasn't ever hit with abandonment on my DAC either. If they do anything to your DAC report, dispute it.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Oddu Rome Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that has indeed happened. a company up here in MA, long gone too, used to do that very thing, BUT, it would happen if say you ran out of "truck money" and called in for more.

when you did return to the terminal..??

cops and silver bracelets were waiting for you, cuz you stole money....

somewhere up Rte 6 (or near there) in Swansea MA..???

been too long to recall.

i say, take it home, call in quit, and be done with them, or go to the nearest terminal, drop off, THEN QUIT.

Oddu Rome Thanks this.
  8. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    It wouldn’t a stolen vehicle, it’s called unauthorized use. You can’t steal what they give you.

Op, you’re up against a wall. You’re screwed no matter what you do, and they’ll destroy your dac even you do as they wish. Your best bet is now just look out for you. Don’t pick any loads up, go fuel your truck & drive straight to the terminal that is 5 hours away. The one you had originally planned on going to. Park the truck, give the security guard the keys & head home. Be done with it.

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  9. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Exactly. GreenPetes advice is spot on. There ain’t nothing you can do. They set it up this way. Get a cash advance, fuel up, head toward your home terminal. Send an email to HireRight explaining what happened and prepare to file rebuttals. YOU CANNOT BE CHARGED WITH AN ABANDONMENT. You legally brought the truck back where you hired on at. They’ll keep your last check no matter how many pictures you take.

10. Oddu Rome

Oddu Rome Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2020
    Leave the truck at truck stop fly home. Just make sure your video the truck condition. don't argue with the company they don't care about you you're not going to get your last paycheck so why waste your time.
    I have done this more than several times. Just as most advice you already don't accept any load keep the all text message chat logs between you and the company .
    nothing they can do to you. . I have clean driving record no dac report ever.

jon69 Thanks this.
  11. Oddu Rome

Oddu Rome Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2020
    Absolutely if he is closed enough to where he can drive home

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.