Revoked License question

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Joseph Almond, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Could you go get your physical and send Indiana a copy of the form? then mabe they would undo whatever they did. sounds like to little to late but if your going to get your CDL again your going to need the physical eventually anyway. Sounds like a lot of beaurocratic red tape. :biggrin_2556:

My state doesnt require you to have a DOT physical to maintain your CDL. (in other words, they dont suspend it if your physical expires).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Most states now have phone numbers to the DMV and licensing drpartments !! Perhaps call them and ask. They may have the CORRECT answer to your question..Good Luck.

4. IanL

IanL Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Miami, Fl
    i spoke with the florida dmv headquarters customer service as well as indiana bmv who directed me to the dept of revenue who handles the cdl related stuff. according to the indiana bmv, as far as they are concerned the license shows valid even though A) it is expired since 2003 and B) showing that I am ineligible in the records because of the expired dot card. the indiana bmv people did see that it was disqualified but as much as said they couldn't tell me how to fix it since the dor was the people to talk to.

Dept. of Rev said I could either go to a branch and take all the tests and physicals and be done or the letter from florida dmv saying that i am doing the above

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Why don't you have a current DOT physical? i fully read your post, but you'll need one to drive a truck anyway, so why not just get it and send a copy to indiana so they unsuspend you?

FYI, most states dont do this. Indiana and Nevada and California are the only ones that care about physicals iirc. In michigan you literally check a box on a form that says "I am medically qualified to operate a CMV*" (footnote says "This means you have a current DOT physical blah blah") LOL. of course, the DOT will care if they pull you over. :p

But It is stupid to keep it on file like that for that long, you know.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    FYI new FMCSA regulations require proof of a current medicl certificate when obtaining , renewing or upgrading a CDL . In a couple of years your medical records will be filed electronically with the DMV and medical cards won't be needed .

7. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Im still carrying both of my medical cards even then, i dont trust that ####!

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You can't carry what they don't give you . Medical cards won't be issued when the rules are fully in effect and everything is filed electronically .

9. Lee Epling

Lee Epling Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Need a job have class A, have a problem with history. Student driver.

Driving record looks like this:

05 speeding more than 10 less 25
    06 speeding more than 10 less 25
    06 speeding more than 10 less 25
    06 improper passing

06 points suspension

09 speeding more than 10 less than 25

any suggestions

Background is good, have haz mat, double/triples, and passport

Filled out at all major companies, no hire

Any suggestions would be nice.

I have already come this far so any comments about "hang it up" is not needed. If you do not have anything constructive to say, just keep it to yourself. Anyone else that actually wants to help. I would greatly appreciate any input.

10. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    Lee, I don't think you are gonna have much luck with that. You have TOO MANY MOVING VIOLATIONS and you show a history of it. You lost your license in 06 because of TOO MANY speeding violation, and then you just got another one in 09. Man I don't think anyone is gonna hire you with that record. I may be wrong but i think they have pretty strict rules at most companies reguarding the amount of tickets in a period of time and lifetime. My suggestion would be to do a drivers job search in google and do a headhunter site and see what they say after you do your application. You can do one for MANY MANY companies. Good luck to you

11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    And many times it is the insurance carrier that sets down many of these rules, but there are also some rules set down by the FMCSA regarding how many of certain violations you can have over a certain period of time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.