Richfield, Here I Come

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Farmer54, Mar 9, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I did go
    I did go thru Richfield but Chris was the instructor then. I was in the last class Chris did. I don't think I know Jamie

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Ahhhh. Sorry, for some reason I thought you mentioned Jamie in an earlier post.

It's the brain damage.... it's more severe then normal today.

4. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Thanks guys. Well, we'll see then I reckon.

5. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    The good thing about Richfield is the cdl test is done right there on same course you've been practice on everyday. No going to dmv to test, the guy comes to you. Pay your $, and do your backing maneuvers and then go on three road test. And the road test is right there in an area you've been driving in.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  6. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Just got off the phone with Naomi, my recruiter,,, very nice lady. I had a few questions and she answered them right away. She spent time with me and I appreciate that.

One of my concerns was training/ testing in an automatic xmission truck. She told me no concern because Millis didn't want us with an automatic restriction either though they're phasing out manuals.

I asked about moving back to GA as that's where I was born and raised. She said no problem and that after time with the company, I could probably get a SE regional gig out of Cartersville.

I'm feeling optimistic, haven't felt that way in a while.

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    All legit and true.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  8. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Yep, Jamie is the instructor now, just got off the phone with him.

9. SESteve83

SESteve83 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Granite Falls, NC
    Me and three other guys out of the Eden school got to visit headquaters in Black River Falls and I will say EVERYONE is down to earth. Even the president of the company who we also got to meet. So far I am very pleased with my choice in Millis and I have only heard great things about them.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  10. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Got my first day finished in Richfield today. I'll have to say I'm quite impressed. Yes, Jamie is the instructor here and he's cool as a cucumber.

Paperwork paperwork paperwork for the morning session. Last house I bought didn't require that much paperwork but it is all necessary in today's times.

My classmates range from no experience to a Viet Nam vet who drove a deuce and a half. Now that guy knows how to shift a xtransmission. Anyway, I like my classmates, I like the initial feeling I have even after handing Jamie that 400 bucks cash.

According to Jamie, we're gonna start the Millis 500 tomorrow after lunch. I think I made the right decision.

SESteve83 and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  11. SESteve83

SESteve83 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Granite Falls, NC
    A word of advice for new guys is to actually use the Millis 500 time to practice shifting correctly and not just riding around. A few guys in my class did this and it showed when they got out on the surface streets! Good Luck to you Goobr54!

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.